VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Seamaster 27

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:35:40 18/01/2012 Wed
In reply to: Malcolm 's message, "Re: Thinking of purchasing Seamaster 27" on 18:00:07 16/01/2012 Mon

>Hi Paul
>I have a Ford Pre-crossflow in a Seamaster 27 and I am
>thinking about changing to diesel. Never had problems
>with the parts just purchased a new carb but cannot
>get rid of the flat spot when accelerating. The move
>to Diesel would be for economy purpose only as you can
>barely hear the petrol engine but I believe the
>diesels can be quite noisy.

Hi Malcolm,
You're right. As I said in my earlier post our old Perkins is very noisy. It's difficult to hold a conversation in the cockpit, especially with the canopy up.
Regarding your flat spot - if you've renewed the carb then I guess that rules out a faulty accelerator pump so the next thing I would look at is the vacuum advance unit. The best way is to use a strobe light which will show if both the vacuum and cenrifugal advance is working properly. When you crack open the throttle you should see a momentary retard, then as the revs pick up it should smoothly advance. I hope this is helpful.
Regards,
Mike.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.