VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Water Ingress - 813

Author:
Dennis Taylor
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:24:42 27/02/2013 Wed
In reply to: Rob Hollingworth 's message, "Water Ingress - 813" on 20:01:31 22/02/2013 Fri

Rob,
We have an 813 and also suffer form this problem. Fitting a windscreen cover to stop the rain driving under the lower edge of the windscreen can relieve it a little. I tend to think that the problem is also caused by the canopy itself that fastens down along the top of the windscreen as well as the side panels fastening onto the side screens. In strong winds the canopy has a tendency to lift raising the screens sufficiently for water to ingress underneath them. I have considered putting a bead of sealant along the windscreen lower edge but am concerned that when I want to lower the windscreen that it may just cause a problem so I live with water ingress onto the coming and try and mop it up and prevent it getting into the instrument coming and wooden panels.
Our cockpit panels were in a fairly poor state with water penetration along the top edges, however once the varnish was stripped back and recoated they don't look too bad. It's an expensive option to replace the cockpit panels so try the cosmetic approach first!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Water Ingress - 813Rob20:26:47 04/03/2013 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.