VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Re: Winter Maintanance

Author:
James (The interested one!)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:36:17 16/12/2006 Sat
In reply to: Phil Belli 's message, "Re: Winter Maintanance" on 09:03:34 11/12/2006 Mon

Hi guys. Sounds like a easy winter for you!
In regards to your wax issue ian, i use MER car wax, i know its a car wax but i have fAntastic results from it all year round. when starting to get mucky, just a quick shampoo and the sheen is back!.
Phil, i hope you get the heater in soon, turning a bit chilly and id hate to think of you freezing in your boat!

Today something drastic happened: turned upto my boat after last weeks cruise to find the aft end slightly lower in the water! well 3 inches lower!
Turns out i made the biggest mistake of all time, and i will certainly learn from it!, before returning to hull last weekend, like normal, i checked all the engines for cooling levels oil etc, cleaned the weed filters, and closed as normal. Returned to Hull, to what is normally a 2 min journey from the river hull to the marina is, but unfortunately took 17 mins due to a severe gale 9. Thats scary! Left the boat and headed home feeling a bit flustered.Due to the condition i was iin i forgot to close any of the intake valves. Guess what, the starbord engine intake pipe decided to frereze and put a small crack in it. Brilliant, all carpets in aft have to be replaced along with new pipes to and from engine cooling system!

Lesson to be learnt. ALLWAYS CLOSE DOWN BOAT BEFORE LEAVING IT, NOT THE WEEK AFTER.

Anyway guys, i would like to wish you all a very merry chrismas and happy new year.
Take care and happy boating folks

~James

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Winter MaintananceIan00:05:57 17/12/2006 Sun

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.