VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Seamaster Sailor 23. Exhaust System

Author:
Thomas Sweeney
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:20:36 26/06/2007 Tue

On my Seamaster 23 sailor I have a Bukh 10 engine. The exhaust exits the engine on the starboard side through a 90 degree cast iron elbow c50mm diam,female threaded one end and having a plate for bolting on other end. It then goes into a " cooling box" c450mm long x 75 x75mm box section through which the steel exhaust pipe passes. This is followed by the flexible rubber type exhaust pipe through to the transome.This cooling box takes the cooling water from the engine and disposes of it through the flexible exhaust and through the transome.My query is are other SM23Ss the same arrangement,why is the cooling box there,has anyone replaced it and can it be done without??. Many thanks. Tom

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Seamaster Sailor 23. Exhaust SystemColin Vinson (SM23 Exhaust)18:40:27 04/07/2007 Wed
Re: Seamaster Sailor 23. Exhaust SystemDavid Cooper (Puzzled)15:17:50 17/07/2007 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.