VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Re: Seamaster 27 - Engine Water Leak From Core Plug

Author:
Paul Killick (Weyside Marine)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:40:54 30/09/2007 Sun
In reply to: Roger Andrews 's message, "Seamaster 27 - Engine Water Leak From Core Plug" on 17:24:50 28/09/2007 Fri

>Regarding your question;-

Yes one does have to lift the engine! Well at least the rear end as the rear mounts are on the bell housing that has to come off with the gearbox.

Rather than fit a new steel core plug why dont you consider a stainless steel one. You may have to have it made by a local engineering shop, my old source of S/S core plugs are no longer! Unless someone else can provide us with a company?

I have a small water leak - drips coming from below
>where the engine and gearbox are bolted together. From
>past experience on a Freeman this has been the core
>plug behind the flywheel. My engine is a Ford 115E
>petrol coupled to a Hydrive gearbox. My question is -
>does the engine have to be lifted to get at the lower
>bolts connecting the engine to the gearbox?
>Also can anyone recommend an engineer or boatyard on
>the Northern Rivers of the Norfolk Broads to do this
>work?
>Regards Roger Andrews [Wishbone]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Seamaster 27 - Engine Water Leak From Core PlugRoger Andrews22:06:39 03/10/2007 Wed

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.