VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Re: How are windows fitted on Seamaster 23

Author:
Mike Thompson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:45:38 14/01/2008 Mon
In reply to: Steve 's message, "Re: How are windows fitted on Seamaster 23" on 20:12:18 10/01/2008 Thu

Hi Steve,

I haven't found anyone who definitely knows how the windows are fitted but, from my own investigations, I have found out how the front ones are held in along the top. I'll email you some photos that I've taken. The headlining is tacked to a batten. Above the port-side front window I found seven woodscrews holding the batten to the roof structure through clearance holes in the frame extrusion, i.e. the frame is sandwiched between the batten and roof. There are also two further screws concealed beneath the batten which fasten the frame directly. I think that if the centre and corner cover pieces and the external screws along the bottom are removed the frame will come out. The headlining can be left on the batten although, in my case, care will be needed as the cloth is rather fragile.

There is also a batten with the headlining tacked to it above the side windows but there are no screwheads visible. It seems that this batten must be held by screws from the outside but I haven't been able to find any. The only explanation I can think of is that they must be under the aluminium beading which runs round the outer edge of the roof and there may also be some more concealed under the batten.

At the corner where the side and front frames meet there is a wooden pillar. I don't yet know if this is a structural member or just a filler.

If you find out anything further I'd be glad to hear about it.

Regards,

Mike.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.