VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Re: Aquaflow Taps

Author:
Lorne Byatt
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:22:32 27/04/2008 Sun
In reply to: Richard 's message, "Aquaflow Taps" on 20:15:41 04/04/2008 Fri

Ric

I have a Seamaster 925 fitted with the same Aquaflow system. We experienced the exact same problem as you, and my son found a domestic plumbing nut which would fit, with a little persuasion: it's solid, and brass, so should last. But .. I can't give you the thread size/pitch as I don't know who the supplier was, and my son is now sailing on another boat to the Baltic.

However we have a bigger problem, in that the "hose tail" (which screws into the underside of the tap, and to which the supply hose is fixed with a jubilee clip) has been lost (long story). If you find a source of spares, or anyone reading this has an unwanted Aquaflow 12v microswitch tap, I'd be delighted to know.

Lorne

>Hello,
>I have a Seamaster 925 fitted with an 'Aquaflow' fresh
>water system. I believe it may be the original system,
>so theres a chance other seamasters have the same
>fittings.
>
>A few weeks ago I decided to remove and clean the
>heads tap. Whilst removing the securing nut underneath
>the tap, it cracked in two as it was so corroded.
>
>I'm having problems finding a replacement nut, as all
>those I've found have a different thread.
>
>Does anyone know of somewhere that could supply a
>spare? Or even what standard the large thread
>underneath the tap is made to, (UNC, UNF, BSP etc) to
>help me in my hunt.
>
>Thanks
>Ric

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.