VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Re: Centre of gravity SM23S

Author:
David Cooper (hopeful)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:14:34 31/07/2008 Thu
In reply to: Michael 's message, "Centre of gravity SM23S" on 13:37:09 25/07/2008 Fri

>Help? I need the centrepoint of gravity from my
>Seamaster Sailer 23 (lifting keel) for
>trailertransport. Sorry for my english anamba@aon.at
>Thanks,Michael

My boat has lifting bolts in the sides of the hull,also used for legs for drying out,Positioned about 10 inches below rubbing strake and about 14 inches from the rear bolt hole of the tabernacle, that is about 12 inches behind the rear face of the mast.The transporter operator used this postiton to jack my,also a 23s, boat clear of the ground and then to place his trailer underneath.
It is possible to arrange the centre of gravity by repositioning loose heavy items in or on the boat ,that is fore and aft to obtain a balance point.
Hope this is helpful.
Incidentally I have a trailer made by RMTrailers,New Alresford,Hants,UK. and would reccomend them to you.
Good luck, please contact again for more info.Cheers David

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.