VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]
Subject: EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE IT DOWN PAT NOW

Author:
BILLYT
Author Host/IP: 209.4.44.160
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:46:18 02/14/06 Tue

With the post that MIKE made it should have opened the eyes
of many.
While Hemphill had rednose stock his main yard consisted of
dogs that were colored different and did not have the rednose.
As been said many times that just before his death.In 67 he explained the reason he added Dibo blood in the percentage of 1/8.He did so not because he lost gameness but because he
lost other ability's.
I been saying that there are many today that are useing %'s
of what was left of OFRN blood in their lines today.
I'am not saying that a tight hemphill/wilder dog bred tight
cannot make dreams come true for their owner.
Mike and Dan used the Creed blood to boost the %'s.If you
follow his post and read what he said how he could have
made a pure Hemphill line which would have been great if it
could have produced a winning percentage back then.But very few if any made a name for themselfs.
Thirty something years is a long time in the past,but the old timers knew things that they kept to themselfs or shared
with just a few.
Take the eli dogs today,many love them many don't but those in the know breed them for reasons only they know.
Take Dibo for instance everbody wanted the blood.Some knew why some did not.But Dibo was a half brother to Trahan's
Rascal who was Corvino said to be 100%.Now some say that
Dibo's other half consisted of again some dogs Tudor had and again somemore corvino blood and rednose blood.
Now take the breeding on Midnight cowboy.If the pedigree is right one is false as one says Bullyson/Longs Baby-while the other has it as Bullyson x Madams Pit Queen.
IF one follows things and old Bully was off old ELI the one would see that ELI was said to be DIBO blood.In anycase there are two pedigrees on Midnight Cowboy with the other
being Madams pit queen who was bred with both Dibo and Rascal,half brothers one pure corvino the other half but bred back to what many say is Carvers Black Widow who many also say was 3/4 rednose blood crossed with Tudor blood.
Not to argue the point but if things so far jive then
Madams pit queen would be Tudor-Rednose-and the rest being
corvino,then bred to the dog down from Dibo who (what) was said to be 3/4 corvino 1/8 rednose 1/8 Tudor blood.
I seen both pedigrees on Midnight Cowboy one must be right one would think.But then one would be wrong (right).
I learned eyons ago one that knew little or nothing said nothing when an old timer breeder or player opened up to you as many dureing that period did not take to doing it.One had to gain their trust and keep from opening ones mouth when one of these old timers opened up to a nobody.
As MIke explained there were old timers that would indeed give the complete puzzle to you or as I learned some would
let you think they were giveing it to you which on paper they did but most of the breedings were never made or made with the littermates of said dogs on the pedigrees.
Without mentioning names as like Mike said quite alot would dissagree with either him or I or anyone else around at that time and before.
But here goes,one famous gentleman had a nack for letting buyers think what they were getting was correct.
I'll let you guess,here was what many said was the largest
puppy pen one has seen with pups off some of the finest dogs one had at the time.People from all over would pay a handsome price for one of these pups.
But getting down to how things worked this is what happened
a young fellow comes along way to purchase a pup and is taken to this huge pen with close to thirty pups in it.
The seller says what do you want and how much do you have.
The younger fellow states he wants the best out of ??????
and the seller says after looking at the pups there is only one left,climbs over the wall to pick the pup up.Now if your still with me hands the pup which looked like the other twenty nine but this was a so called honest dogman that would do no wrong.
To set the story straight any of the dogs were worth the money with some being worth more.
I guess what I'am trying to say is that the seller did give the younger fellow a decent pup but not the one that the younger fellow thought was correct.
Here is what I learned along long time ago if one of these old timers took to you and you listened and did not ask
for anything other then to be content and listen and learn
the old timer would go around back and come back with a pup
and hand it to you,it would be yours and the old timer would tell you who it was off of and if you were like me at a young age it would have blown your mine.
The old timer would say there is one thing I ask of you -----Keep the dog until he or she shows its worth and if it does I'll give you the papers.
When this happen it was no accident you knew you did something right in the eyes of the breeder in order to recieve something what was what many felt was worth its weight in gold.
It was also explained that if at the time the said dog did indeed turn out that the breeder would have the right to breed to it no matter if it was a male or female.
(let me say this even though it was truly bred as said did not guarantee it would be perfect)but if it did not do as the breeder or owner wanted the breeder would take it back and give you another pup or even a older prospect.
Believe me this did not come along very often.
This of course was when things were quite different then today.Most of the old timers are long gone now and now although I donot have dogs at the moment I'am now an old man
(No I DONOT KNOW IT ALL AND NEVER WILL)
But what I do know that if someone is willing to share with you something that he or she feels is something that they would not do with anyone else.Listen and learn as very few get the chance.
Other then this piece of advice I would say if your not able to be so lucky to be taken in to have the knownledge passed to you.
Don't buy from someone you feel uneasy with as money is hard to come by these days.
You might be better breeding your own stock and as many have in the past go by trial and error.
Sometimes its better to do your own thing.It may take awhile to hit pay dirt but the rewards are much greater when one accomplishes it.Its a feeling that is hard to explain.
But remember today is like night and day compaired to those days of long long ago.
Today one's biggest fights is just trying to keep the breed from going extinct or changeing the laws in the breeds favor.
And for the new comers best advice is join a dog club and
learn the laws that will affect you and your dog.
And whatever one does don't let things such as the laws get you down or the bashing and critizium get to you as now you the owner must be as game as the dog known as the apbt.
Face facts if everyone in the world agreed with one another
what a great world this would be.( but its not so one has to make the best of it).
When one listens one learns wether or not what they hear is true or if its false.And they get to decide that fact.
Remember people are the greatest actors as they were long ago and are still the greatest now.
ALL eyes see the same all ears hear what is said the same way but it doesn't mean what one sees or hears is right.
There are but a few old timers left but if they are willing to share something with you do as I did long ago and listen and then ask questions and learn.
This is a screwed up world we live in.It does not look as if it will get any better.

(I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT BE FOR EVERYONE BUT FOR THOSE THAT CARE PRAY FOR OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THIS COUNTRY THAT ARE IN HARMS WAY AND DEFENDING THIS COUNTRY FOR US ALL.WE OWE THEM EVERYTHING WE HAVE. PEACE
AND PLEASE HELP ROSIE WHICH IS THE MODERATOR KEEP THE FORUM RUNNING STRAIGHT AND TRUE.
SOME WILL ALWAYS FEEL ITS USELESS TO KEEP THIS FORUM RUNNING AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY BUT THERE IS ALSO THOSE THAT HAVE QUESTIONS ON SO MANY TOPICS THAT AFFECT THE BREED AND THE OWNERS.
GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO DECIDE.
AS ALWAYS KEEP IT CLEAN

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.