VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:35:35 04/26/04 Mon
Author: DB Jenkins
Subject: Re: Hiya
In reply to: Helen Yates 's message, "Hiya" on 10:32:12 05/15/03 Thu

>Hiya
>
>My names's Helen, Im 19 and come from Manchester,
>England.
>Ive not been a fan of john hurt long. Ive seen him in
>ROB ROY (Im also a big fan of Liam Neeson- i find him
>very sexy and as good as actor as john!!) but I didnt
>really get into him until I saw 1984. I was mainly
>watching it because my sci fi class was about
>dystopias and the cold war and 1984 was mentioned so I
>decided to take it out of my uni library. Ive been
>renewing it as much as I can since!!! Ive been trying
>to win it on ebay but I keep losing out on the bids!!!!
>
>I find john eerily sexy in 1984 and hes got anice
>voice in it too as well as in WATERSHIP DOWN.
>
>Can anyone recommend any good John Hurt films?? Dont
>say Harry Potter because Im going to buy them anyway!!
>
>Helen
>xxxxx

How about every film he's ever been in? ;)
I always remember when I was a kid being forced (and enjoying) to watch Champion by my dad who was/is a horse racing fanatic, next thing I remember was Alien (which I've just watched) but I've seen many of his films. Then today I just found out he's in Hellboy and I'm really chuffed that the guy's still going.
There aren't many real actors going around these days who command the same screen presence as John does, he definitely ranks alongside the greatest like Alec Guinness and Richard Attenbourgh.

I don't know much about him, whether he's a typical Hollywoodised "I'm an actor get out of my way!!" type guy or not but he's definitely an actor and a damned good one.
Deserves far more awards than he's ever got, not that I know how many he's ever won but he's not won enough. ;)

I haven't seen Hellboy yet, it's my kind of film but even if it wasn't I'd still watch it just to see how the guy was getting on. I gather he's around 65 years old now, I'm just hoping he keeps going and going cos when I do get to see Hellboy it'll be like seeing an old mate who became an actor donkeys years ago.

At 65 I just hope to God he monitors this website and knows just how much all his hard work is appreciated and that he's achieved some kind of immortality!!!

Some of his best films?
10 Rillington Place
Alien
The Ghoul (At 19 you should see at least one real horror film from the Hammer studios ;)
Watership Down

And two of the most moving films I've ever seen in my life.
Elephant Man - Totally unbelievable, it should be the law that everyone has to watch that film!!
And finally and obviously - Champions

Keep on going John Hurt!!!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Hiya -- LAURA, 11:08:07 01/11/05 Tue

I TOO FOUND HIM SEXY IN NINETY EIGHTY FOUR. NOW I SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

: )))

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Hiya -- Carol (I love him been a fan since 1976), 11:05:47 01/01/09 Thu

>I TOO FOUND HIM SEXY IN NINETY EIGHTY FOUR. NOW I SEE
>IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!
>
>: )))

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.