VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:39:24 06/12/03 Thu
Author: Erin
Subject: Re: Hiya
In reply to: Helen Yates 's message, "Hiya" on 10:32:12 05/15/03 Thu

Hey, welcome to the club, I'm pretty young my self and havnt been a Hurt fan very long either. The movie I first dicovered John in was "King Ralph" and since then I'v only seen him in Harry Potter and his scene lasted like 5 minutes, if that. Anyway, King ralph is about a ordinary man from Las Vegas finds out that he is the only surviving heir to the British Throne. He spends the whole of the time trying to learn how to be a King, from his many advisors. Palace fever runs amock as Ralph tries to figure out how to live up to his family's reputation. Hurt plays a man named Lord Percival Graves, who tries to get parlament to throw Ralph off the trown so that he can be the new king. This is a comedy and while Hiurt plays a bad guy he does a great job trying to work with the King along side, Peter o'Toole (Lawrence of Arabia) and Richard Griffiths, (Vernon Dursley!!!)
Try this and see how you like it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Hiya -- Kim, 21:30:40 07/06/03 Sun

>Hiya
>
>My names's Helen, Im 19 and come from Manchester,
>England.
>Ive not been a fan of john hurt long. Ive seen him in
>ROB ROY (Im also a big fan of Liam Neeson- i find him
>very sexy and as good as actor as john!!) but I didnt
>really get into him until I saw 1984. I was mainly
>watching it because my sci fi class was about
>dystopias and the cold war and 1984 was mentioned so I
>decided to take it out of my uni library. Ive been
>renewing it as much as I can since!!! Ive been trying
>to win it on ebay but I keep losing out on the bids!!!!
>
>I find john eerily sexy in 1984 and hes got anice
>voice in it too as well as in WATERSHIP DOWN.
>
>Can anyone recommend any good John Hurt films?? Dont
>say Harry Potter because Im going to buy them anyway!!
>
>Helen
>xxxxx
I have been a fan of John Hurt since 1976 when I first saw him the Mobil Masterpiece Theatre production of I,Claudius. He played the part of Caligula (as an adult) and was absolutely phenomenal in the role. If you can, check with your library. He was funny, evil, psychotic, bad, bad, bad. You loved to hate him. Also, he was superb in the true story of the jockey who becomes ill with cancer in Champions. Yes, he has a voice that just draws you in. Has anyone ever, or I should say, will they ever forget the devastating role he portrayed in Elephant Man? He makes your heart just break. He is more than talented. He is a superb actor with a haunting, drawing voice. Long may he live.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.