VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Re: Best Movie Ever!

Author:
isabel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:41:00 12/07/02 Sat
In reply to: Big FGT Fan 's message, "Best Movie Ever!" on 12:50:53 02/01/02 Fri

according to the movie: is idgie a lez? how bout ruth?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Best Movie Ever!

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:23 05/03/03 Sat

I don't know if anyone looks at this site anymore but... I'm also a huge fan of FGT--and believe me, Idgie and Ruth are in love although the undertones are about all we know of this relationship in the movie--the book is a different story. Read the book.
As for fried green tomatoes...I am a pure-bred-Southerner who grew up eating fgts so you can't miss if you use GREEN tomatoes, they cannot be ripe at all--you can fry them a few different ways-- my favorite is : Slice the green tomato into sandwich size slices and then just roll them in seasoned corn meal ( salt and pepper or whatever you want)--make sure the cornmeal is sqashed into the tomato, lol, and then fry them in a small amount of oil or butter (medium heat) until they're brown on each side ---
Some people like the batter dipped kind ---either dip into your favorite batter and deep fry or----- dip a slice into egg and then into seasoned flour and fry in small amount of oil or butter--
I've tasted a lot of different recipes but it's hard to beat the simple cornmeal coated fgts. We like to eat them with purple-hull peas,mustard greens, cornbread, fried okra and believe it or not, fresh ripe tomatoes also-- (I know, I know, what the hell is a purple-hull pea, well, it's like a blackeyed pea, only better)
A lot of people laugh at true Southern food, but those are the people who have never eaten it.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.