VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Best Movie Ever!

Author:
Big FGT Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:50:53 02/01/02 Fri

Fried Green Tomatoes is my favorite movie! It has comedy, mystery, and drama, plus great acting, an exciting story, and wonderful music! And I love to eat fried green tomatoes!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Best Movie Ever!

Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:29 02/04/02 Mon

>Hi 'Big Fan!' Thanks for stopping by the Forum. I hope you will come back often and offer any ideas or suggestions or just to talk about a great love of all of us alike. Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: best movie ever

Author:
isabel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:58:25 12/04/02 Wed

hi,
is idgie a lesbian (and ruth maybe also)?thanx for ur thoughts,
isabel

[> Subject: Best Movie Ever!

Author:
malika whitaker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:26:15 03/06/02 Wed

hi! i'm french and i'm telling you fried green tomatoes is my favorite movie so far but i'm so sad that it is not very well dubbed in french.(i've got the movie in english as well so...)
i wish i could have all thomas newman's music from it but i can't find it in france....fucking contry!!!!
i tried and tried but i'm useless for making fried green tomatoes and i'm dreemind that once i could taste some...
did you also read the book? i think it's even better because there're loads of things that happen in it that i would have loved seeing them in the movie...
tell me... do you think we could find (where and how, i don't know)the movie before it's been cut and known by the public?
i wish i could see it once with all it's scenes...
sorry for boring you(if i did) and viva idgie theadgood!!!!

Author:
Draft
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:07 09/24/02 Tue

Well... watch Shawshank Redemption and kneel!

Author:
isabel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:02:43 12/04/02 Wed

is idgie a lesbian and ruth maybe too?
isabel

Author:
isabel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:41:00 12/07/02 Sat

according to the movie: is idgie a lez? how bout ruth?

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:23 05/03/03 Sat

I don't know if anyone looks at this site anymore but... I'm also a huge fan of FGT--and believe me, Idgie and Ruth are in love although the undertones are about all we know of this relationship in the movie--the book is a different story. Read the book.
As for fried green tomatoes...I am a pure-bred-Southerner who grew up eating fgts so you can't miss if you use GREEN tomatoes, they cannot be ripe at all--you can fry them a few different ways-- my favorite is : Slice the green tomato into sandwich size slices and then just roll them in seasoned corn meal ( salt and pepper or whatever you want)--make sure the cornmeal is sqashed into the tomato, lol, and then fry them in a small amount of oil or butter (medium heat) until they're brown on each side ---
Some people like the batter dipped kind ---either dip into your favorite batter and deep fry or----- dip a slice into egg and then into seasoned flour and fry in small amount of oil or butter--
I've tasted a lot of different recipes but it's hard to beat the simple cornmeal coated fgts. We like to eat them with purple-hull peas,mustard greens, cornbread, fried okra and believe it or not, fresh ripe tomatoes also-- (I know, I know, what the hell is a purple-hull pea, well, it's like a blackeyed pea, only better)
A lot of people laugh at true Southern food, but those are the people who have never eaten it.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.