Enema and Suppository Forum
www.EnemaForum.com
www.EnemaAndSuppositoryForum.com

VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]
Subject: Relationship between enemas and rectal temperatures

Author:
Curious
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 12:10: pm

I was wondering if kids growing up in families where enemas were a normal part of life were more likely to have their temperature taken rectally. Also, if older kids who received regular enemas were more accepting of having their rectal temperature taken.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Relationship between enemas and rectal temperatures

Author:
ronny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012, 09:23: pm

rectal temp always precceded enemas even when older,sick or not. my aunt who gave the enemas at our house would say i'm going to see if you need an enema or two. bend over that chair arm pull down your pants and shorts and did her thing. visitors didn't stop her nor my age. yes!! you need a cleaning! stay right there and i'll get the bulb syringe and enema bag. Embaressing? yes. hurt? yes. First the douche bulb then two bags full. while in the bathroom she discussed the joy of enemas when we had visitors hers not mine I cried a lot

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Steven
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 07:32: pm

I usually got my rectal temperature taken before an enema.
After I got properly positioned (pants off and laying over a stool) mom put the RT in me. Then she prepared the bulb.. Still remember laying there feeling the vaseline covered rt in me.

Author:
Clint
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 10:39: pm

I don't remember getting enemas and rectal temperatures together, but I got one or the other fairly often until I was about 6 or 7. Enemas at home were always somewhat unpleasant, with a douche nozzle small enough for my sister and I to barely tolerate comfortably....and a half full green rubber bag. That's why we never minded rectal thermometers, because it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as the douche nozzle. One or both of us would get sick, Mom would get the thermometer and vaseline. I learned to pull my pajamas down at 5 years. I already knew what that glass rod was, and where it was supposed to go. That's how cooperative I was.

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 01:21: am

Many enemas never a rectal temp, all temps were oral.

Marlene

Author:
Vet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 08:29: am

A rectal temp followed by a soapsuds enema seemed to be a natural combination when ill in early childhood. Some home care books said the thermometer was enough to stimulate a BM by itself,, especially for babies.

[> [> Subject: Re: Relationship between enemas and rectal temperatures

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 07:39: pm

I don't remember the rectal temps when I was ill but I do remember the soapsuds enemas very vividly. The soapsuds enema was mom's favorite remedy and anytime I was sick, or constipated which was often, I got my share of enemas.

Author:
Ralph
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012, 02:51: pm

We got our tempertures taken rectally all through childhood and learned the drill -turn over, pants down, stay still - at an early age.

Yes, rectal temps usually preceded an enema. Many the time I lay there with the thermometer in my bottom listening to the sounds of an enema being prepared. The extra Vaseline helped make the nozzle slip in easier, too.

When I was younger I recall several instances of temperature taking that resulted in an enema because of the soiling on the glass rod.

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013, 01:45: pm

Sometimes my mother would take my temp rectaly if she thought i might be constipated and lied when she asked if had a bm that day.Mom would put me over her lap and insert the thermomitor high into my rectum to see if she could feel anything and if there was any signs of stool on the thermomitor when she withdrew it.Stool on the thermomitor ment i was in for a good soap suds enema bag enema or two or three from a through bowel cleansing.ENEMA.

Author:
Thomas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 10:59: am

Mom always checked my temp rectally, and if I had an elevated temp she would announce that I needed an enema. I got a lot of enemas as a kid, it started when I was a toddler, and at an early age I enjoyed them.
I learned that if I took the thermometer out and rubbed it on the sheets it would raise the temperature. So I was assured that an enema would be given by mom.I got away with this ploy well into my teens.

Author:
kenw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 12:45: pm

My mom and my grandmother always took rectal temps on my brother and I before an enema, and most times did a second rectal temp after the enema was over. This happened about 2 or 3 times a month till we were about 14 then mom and gram thought we could do our own enemas.

Author:
Jay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 07:04: am

My mom used both as in the RT / enema in our home . I don't remember that the RT was a ' prelude ' to an enema but yes ........ she took my temperature rectally during bouts of illness and later in the day gave me an enema .
jay

Author:
mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013, 10:42: pm

When I had a fever mom would come into my room with a jar of vaseline and the r/t. She would gently roll me on my tummy and pull down my Pajama bottoms. She would tell me what she needed to do and that it wouldn't hurt. She would grease the thermometer with a blob of vaseline and slowly insert it into my butt. She would tell me to be very still and after a few minutes she would withdraw it and hold it to the light and read it to me very softly...Marky you have w fever. 102.4.
She would shake it down and take it again. I liked the feel of the glass rods sliding into my warm butt. She wiuld take it out and read it again shaking her head slowly from side to side. Honey I am going to give you an enema to bring that fever down. I would get that feeling in the pit of my stomach in anticipation of the series of enemas I was about to get. Even as a high school senior I remember the same treatment. I would her the water running in the bathroom as mom prepared the enema. When everything was in place she would come in and lead me into the bsthroompull my pj bottoms off and have me lay down in the bsthtub on my belly on a warm white towel that she would put in the dryer while she fixed the enema. The bag was hanging from the towel rack and she would lube the nozzle and take the hose in her hand and get on her knees next to the tub and go to work filling me up with cool but not cold water. She was very gentle and thoughtful and I felt special because she was taking care of me like s good mom should. She would talk to me and tell me how this enema would make me better. After 2 or 3 my temp was taken in the tub and if it was lower she would say "all done Marky" otherwise another enema was given. After the enemas I would get back in bed and sleep for a few hours and mom would come in with some ginger ale and ice chips for me.

Author:
Mac
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 08:17: pm

One time when I was about 4 Mom took my temp rectally. I had been given enemas but had never had my temp taken this way and didn't know what to expect. While the thermometer was in me the nerves in my rectum were sending signals to my brain that I had to have a BM real bad. When the thermometer was removed I ran to the bathroom but when I got there the need to go was no longer there. My folks knew what had happened and thought it was funny. I was very confused.

Author:
Michael (fuzzy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013, 01:14: pm

My mom would have me lay on her lap that she cover with a pre heated fuzzy fleece blanket.then she would give me a good warm soap suds enema with her red Davol enema bag.Sometimes she would slid the enema nozzle in and out to make sure the enema was flowing.The soft fuzzy blanket smelled and felt so good wile mom gave me a gentle warm soapy enema bag enema.Moms warm fleecy blankets and enema bags,i love them.

Author:
MichaelB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013, 09:50: pm

When mom took my RT, I had to lay on my stomach. On her bed naked from the waist down. She always asked me if I "done anything on the toilet today."

A "no" answer would lead to a enema. She had me lay there with the RT in me while she finished the bag. So the RT was pulled out and the tube went in.

I still remember how it felt laying naked on her bed with the enema tube up my butt. Cool

Author:
Cosworth (smile)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013, 02:33: pm

The normal drill during my childhood was an RT, opitonally followed by an enema. This was distinct from the reason for either. In other words, when I was scheduled for an enema, I would have my temp taken first (rectally), as a 'matter of course'. In some cases, the enema wasn't forthcoming. It depended on why my temp was being taken, I guess ( I was only a kid, and had no choice in the matter. ) However it did lead to a thorough understanding of both procedures, and a lack of fear of either. So I would have no objection should my wife or healthcare worker feel it was necessary to take my temp 'that way'. Neither bothers me, and actually, I sometimes enjoy either; depends on the circumstances... A lot of us know how 'relaxing' an enema can be...

Author:
Nicholas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 05:03: pm

A warm forehead meant get ready for a rectal thermometer in your butt about 5 minutes later. A fever higher than 100.9 meant get ready for a cool water enema or 2 or 3 until your fever was below 100. I remember those days/ nights well all the way thru my college years. This regimin of home health care applied to my 3 older and 1 younger brother. I can still hear my oldest brother raising holy hell with mom and dad as it took both of them to give him the enemas. He was rather uncooperative! But no matter how he fussed he still ended up over dads lap while he held him and mom gave him the enemas. After the first enema he would calm down and resign himself to the series of enemas. I never fussed or cried and truth be known I kinda liked it.

Author:
jon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014, 01:55: pm

I always had my temp. taken rectally, even as a teen. If the thermometer came out soiled, my mother would said, looks like you need a clean out, and then I would get a soapy enema and a rinse out.

Author:
Billy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:19: pm

Yes my mom was a R/T believer....always st the first sign of not feeling good. If I looked constipated to her she would take my rectal temp and like Jon if it came out with poop on it next came a few soap and water enemas. If I did have a fever an enema was coming st some point; especially if the fever lasted over 12 hours. I remember I was delirious with a high fever when I was 19 in the middle of the night. First mom tried a cool sponge bath in the tub and then I remember her turning me over in the tub and giving me cool water enemas. I was half out of it and only remember part of it but I was saying a lot of crazy stuff during the enemas. Finally my fever broke and I came to my senses. She laughed as she gave me one more enema and told me some of the things I said.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Relationship between enemas and rectal temperatures

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:30: pm

Well, don't leave us hanging. What did you say??

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Relationship between enemas and rectal temperatures

Author:
Billy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 01, 2014, 10:01: am

Ha ha it was during the holidays so I said to throw me into the Christmas tree and I thought that my mom was wearing a Santa suit during the enemas. She had one of my brothers helping her and I kept telling them that Dan needed an enema not me. I told mom i would give Dan an enema after she was done giving them to me. Actually I did give Dan an enema the following week when he told me he was plugged up. No one else was home and he really was plugged up! Gave him 3

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Forum.