Enema and Suppository Forum
www.EnemaForum.com
www.EnemaAndSuppositoryForum.com

VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Enema Question

Author:
Margaret
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012, 01:26: pm

Hi, I need to give my husband a enema later today, also the doctor said to give him two tablespoons of castor oil. Can castor oil also be used in the enema? Was just wondering. Thanks

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Enema Question

Author:
ltrail
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012, 01:37: pm

No. The castor oil would only act as a lubricant if given rectally. The castor oil needs to have stomach/intestines enzymes to convert the castor oil into its laxative quality.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012, 03:04: pm

Castor Oil in the enema will do nothing but lubricate a bit.

Wait for at least 4 hours after eating before starting. For best results, give hubby the enema and when he has pood, give him the Castor Oil. Don't give him the oil first becase he may throw it up when getting the enema and the enema will soften and help expel the hardest stool. The Castor Oil will then complete the cleanout.

[> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To Sean

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 07:43: am

Hi Thanks, that did work well so thank you for the advice. How often do you think he should get a enema. I did this due to him not having a BM for 4 days. I was thinking of either another enema today or maybe just some more castor oil.

[> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To Sean

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 09:22: pm

After getting an enema and Castor Oil, he probably won't poop at all for a couple of days.

If he doesn't poop by day 3, give him an adult dose of either senna (ExLax) or Milk of Magnesia. If nothing happens in about 12 hours, it's time for the enema bag again.

However, after the enema, start him on a dose of Miralax every day and additionally either Milk of Magnesia or ExLax every other day.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To Sean

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 09:26: pm

I forgot to say, if he is pooping with the Miralax and laxative, stop the laxative and see if the Miralax alone keeps him going regularily.

Author:
William
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 08:23: am

Margaret, just another enema. Castor oil starts working in the stomach and continues through the small intestines to the colon. This action, while good if one is constipated, does not allow all of the good stuff to be absorbed by the body including any medicines he might be taking. Also one does not know when the castor oil will start doing its job. An enema works immediatly and than he can go about his normal activities. After today don't give another enema until his body has a chance to eliminate naturally on its own.

[> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To William

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 09:07: am

Thank you William, I will give him another enema today, and will hold off on the castor oil. He is retired so home all day. He is not real happy with getting enema, but I personal feel they will be good for him. I am thinking of maybe getting him on like a schedule for them. I was thinking maybe once aweek after this. What are your thoughts on that. Thank you very much again.

[> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To Margaret

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 03:25: pm

Dear Margaret,

The information regarding Caster Oil was correct and I’m glad you followed the advice provided and that things went well for your husband.

It’s a shame that he went 4-days without a BM which necessitated the Caster Oil laxative and the enema. Is this typical for him? If so I can understand your concern regarding the possibility of giving him weekly enemas.

May I ask what type of enema you gave, a Fleet or a bag type?

Would you mind sharing what your experience is in giving enemas or taking them yourself?

If you’re hesitant in replying I understand. But if you are willing to share I may be able to provide additional guidance which may make receiving enemas more acceptable for your husband.

Hugs,

Marlene

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To Marlene

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 08:59: am

Dear Marlene,

Thanks! Yes 4 days was a long time for him to go without a BM. He did have a phyiscal a few months back and all was well. he did tell the doctor he has gone a few days with no BM, it was the doctor who suggested the enemas and also castor oil. I used a enema bag, becuase I also do a enema once a week. I grew up getting them and I feel they are healthy for you. My husband only had a few over the years, but now I want them on a regular schedule for one. We are both in our early 70's now. I was telling my friend who lives across the street she is a few yrs older and a retired nurse about this also. She said she would be happy to give them to us both I wanted her to. I do not feel it is good for my husband to go a few days without having a BM.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Enema Question, MarleneTo Marlene

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 11:35: am

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your candid reply.

I was somewhat concerned regarding your enema giving experience but now realize that by growing up getting them and giving them to yourself weekly over a period of time you are aware of how they feel and can react accordingly when giving one to your husband.

Since you mention that he has had only a few over the years I can understand his reaction to receiving one, it is a very private and intimate experience for anyone, and even though you have shared other intimacies over the marriage years your husbands hesitation regarding enema reception is a normal reaction.

I assume that the neighbor nurse is a personal friend to your husband and yourself, so you may want to approach having her give both of you enemas cautiously. Possibly you may wish to initially have her give an enema or enemas to you and ask him, that since he needs to have a weekly enema, if he would he allow her to give one to him after your enema as long as she is there, or have you give it to him after she leaves. In this way he knows that an enema will be given, but the option of from who will be his choice.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question, To Marlene

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 01:00: pm

Dear Marlene,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes she is a personal friend of us both and has been for yrs. My husband is in favor of her giving them because he said said he looks at her as a nurse still. She does give me mine at times like I said and my husband does know that. She has caught my husband nude in the pool a few times and that did not bother either one of them so no issue with her seeing him nude now at all. he is out right now getting a haircut and doing a few earnds but when he gets home I am going to talk to him about it again.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question, To Margaret

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012, 12:22: pm

Dear Margaret.

From what you say it seems that, for the most part, your husband would not be adverse to having your neighbor give him enemas. However it seems that you feel there may still be some hesitation on his part when you say; “when he gets home I am going to talk to him about it again.” Since the hesitation doesn’t appear to be having her give him enemas, is it that he feels that a weekly enema is not necessary?

If it is, may I suggest that you discuss with her if she would be willing to provide enema assistance to you with the possibility of including him in the future.

If she’s willing, set up a regular, I’ll use Fridays as an example, appointments for her to give you enemas and require him to be there while she does and in time, possibly even have him assist by possibly helping her prepare the enema and/or holding the bag as she administers it to you. Then after each of your enemas re-extend the invitation for him to have one. In time it’s likely he will go along with the therapy.

Since you say that she is a close personal friend consider making an evening of it by having her stay, after the enema/s, for dinner and other socialization. It also may help win your husband over. If you do I think it best that the enemas be given in late afternoon, because an enema is better taken on an empty stomach.

Please let me know how things work out, I care.

Hugs,

Marlene

[> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question..To William

Author:
Cosworth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 08:00: pm

Margaret: Enemas once a week is a good routine; but you have to get him out of the habit of going 4 days without a BM..

Author:
George 1st
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 03:18: pm

I am totally an enema fan. I'm in my early seventies and take regular enema usually twice a week. I believe that both of you should have regular enemas a they are great for your health. Two enemas each twice a week are the best. You might consider sin some benefits for your enema sessions making him to want enemas more item.

Just a thought.

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 11:00: am

An enema andcastor oil and an enema ahain was the regimen I had to follow before a barium enema procedur when I was 16 and again at 41. At 16 my mother gave me an enema and then mixed a small bottle of castor oil in orange juice and had me drink it then in the morning gave me another enema.25 years later my wife did the same thing.

Author:
Bob 36
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 01:44: pm

Margaret, what an opportunity you have!! You admit you take enemas therefore why not get your husband to help you rather than have a neighbor come in. If he gets used to giving you an enema maybe he would become more willing to have you give him his. I would give anything for my wife to say let me help you. She hates enemas and thinks I don't need them but I do and I enjoy them. I try to take one a week. Also Marlene has responded to your posts and just read the fun that she and Marvin have. Read the posts from Marvin under Enema and Girdle connection. WOW! I envy the two of them.

[> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Bob36

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012, 12:26: pm

Bob 63,

In regard to Marvin’s posting on the Enema and Girdle thread, the things he mentions are definitely about recreational enemas which is only one aspect of our enema experience. The other is taking enemas for health purposes and to provide safe reasonable guidance to those who may use enemas for recreation or only health purposes.

Margaret’s question and our correspondence have been strictly limited to health purposes for herself which she has been doing for an undisclosed period of time and care for her husband’s health. There has been nothing from what she has said that even alludes to the use of enemas for recreation, only for health reasons, and until she may indicate otherwise all my return correspondence to her will be from the health standpoint only.

Marlene

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Marlene

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012, 01:01: pm

Dear Marlene,

Thank you. Yes I do take enema's for health and that is what I want for my husband also. We are too old for that kind of fun play if you know what I mean. So I thank you for your advice.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Margaret

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012, 04:11: pm

Dear Margaret,

It’s nice to see your response on this part of the Enema Question thread, and thank you for the compliment.

You’ve confirmed my thoughts that you only take or give enemas for health purposes.

Marvin my husband was born in 1950 and I in 1954, making us 62 and 58 respectively. After reading Bob63’s posting and also if you went to the Enema and Girdle thread and read Marvin’s posting you’ve become aware we also enjoy recreational enemas and, as a couple, have done so since about 6-monthes after we were married in 1975.

Both my husband and I received enemas while growing up and our reaction to them was probably the same as any youngsters receiving enemas at home on a regular or semi-regular basis. For me things became more, shall I say, “Acceptable” after entering puberty at age 12. For Marvin it was when he was much younger, age 9, while receiving 9-enemas in 14-days in the hospital after an emergency appendectomy when his appendix ruptured.

Hopefully we will still continue to appreciate the close, caring and loving companionship as we care for each other in either health or play, with both of us able to enjoy what I like to refer to as “additional benefits” that enemas provide for many years to come.

Before I close, I’d like to mention something that Marvin told me about his mother who was a Licensed Practical Nurse. I hope you don’t find it offensive and if you do I apologize.

She worked in a hospital and also did private duty calls on the side. There was one male patient who needed care at home and his wife would call at least twice a week and request his mother to come and administer an enema to her husband. Often Marvin took those calls and was usually told that his mother gave her husband wonderful gentle enemas and was never in a hurry to just get it over with, so he only wanted her to enema him. She did for a little over 4 years until his wife passed away and he had to go into a care facility.

One Saturday afternoon his mother had a number of nurse friends at their home for lunch and a chat and their conversation was about nursing and patient care. Marvin overheard his mother mention the following:

I have the sweetest couple who’ve who celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary last week, she’s 75 and he’s 78. I’m called to go over there at least twice and sometimes three times a week to give him enemas; the first is a quart and a half of mild soap suds and then later as much of 2-quarts of saline as he can tolerate, usually most if not all of it. He always tells me that I give his enemas batter that anyone else ever has. They are so cute a couple and she’s always present as I give both enemas. Once I get the colon tube started in and the enema flowing I pull the sheet over him and reach under it holding the tube in. His wife is fully dressed and lies on the bed next to him and puts one arm around him and the other under the sheet. They hold each other and as they cuddle, kiss repeatedly and I think she’s also fondling him with the hand under the sheet. Sometimes I feel that I’m being more than a nurse, that I’m an aid to their enjoyment of other things.

One of the other nurses ask. How long has this been going on?

His mother replied, almost a year and a half. And something else has developed; a few months ago his wife told me that he had confided to her that he’s like more lubrication and if it would be OK with me if she could prep him for the enema while I made the enema up? I told he yes and gave her a glove to put on. When I had the enema ready I went into the bedroom with it and he was on his side and she was holding his hip up and had her finger all the way into him as she twisting it he was giving loud sighs. When she saw me she stopped, pulled her finger out, told me that he was ready, pulled the glove off, went to the other side of the bed and lay down next to him. As I was putting the colon tube into him he remarked that I’m glad you allowed her to do that, it feels so much better going in. Her lubing of him for both enemas has continued ever since.

Another nurse remarked, patient care can come in many forms, just make sure it doesn’t go beyond what’s happening now.

Again, I hope you don’t find this offensive.

Hugs,

Marlene

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Margaret

Author:
Terry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012, 10:13: am

That's a lovely story about Marvin's mother, Marlene. I have been reading your thoughtful, wonderful posts for many years now, but don't believe I've ever read that account before. I'm into my 70's now, and would dearly love to have a relationship of that kind. I do have an LVN who comes periodically to give me an enema, but I can only ask her to come when my wife is away. The nurse knows how very much I love the enema.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Margaret

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012, 10:43: pm

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for you kind reply, I was concerned that I may have overstepped your personal boundaries and I’m glad that I didn’t. About one third of the people I correspond with take enemas only for health and about half of them, due to their sensibilities, are not interested in enema information for anything but taking or giving enemas for health. I think that a substantial remainder says they only take them for health but, from occasional comments they make, they also take them for the “additional benefits” an enema can provide, they just don’t want to admit it, and that’s OK.

You mentioned that your friend was going to give enemas to both of you that afternoon; did it go well for both of you?

What type and volume of enemas did she give and what style of nozzle?

My Aunt Kathy who was an RN always used a rectal/colon tube.

Since your use to receiving an enema I’m sure you were able to take all of yours, but how did your husband do?

Did either of you assist by helping your friend give the enemas?

Hopefully, if he was present, she had him assist her by observing the enema preparation regarding mixing, proper temperature, expulsion of air from hose and nozzle to avoid cramping and good lubrication of the nozzle and you. It would have also been beneficial for him to even hold the bag as she administered the enema to you having him control the elevation so he would have an understanding that elevation of the bag is an import part of having a well given comfortable enema.

I hope you have the time and are willing to share yesterday’s experience. I care.

Hugs,

Marlene

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question to Marlene

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012, 11:44: am

I did enjoy your story, thank you so much for sharing that with me. My husband and I are both set to recieve our enemas later today, he as agree to let the lady across the street give it him, he does know he is in need of one. Thanks again Marlene,

Author:
richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 04:07: pm

Perhaps someone here can answer this question: A standard enema bag that has 32 ozs.of water in it,hanging 15"-16" high.How many minutes and seconds for it to completely empty ?

[> [> Subject: Re: Enema Question

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:39: am

The question is unanswerable.

Te flow depends on the pressure difference and nozzle hole size. Water will flow through a douche nozzle far faster than through an enema nozzle.

Also, the pressure depends on the height of the water top surface in the bag and the injection point MINUS the back pressure in the colon. The back pressure in the colon can easily exceed a 18" of water column height, resulting in flow back into the bag.

Try it for yourself. Set up a clear disposable bag, take some enema, then bear down. You'll see the water in the bag rize. This is why you should never use the same bag for douches or on other people without a thorough bleach cleaning.

Author:
Harry H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014, 03:03: pm

Marlene,

My wife & I are both in our 70s. I have enjoyed enemas for many years and take them for both health and pleasure. My wife has taken a few enemas but hates them. I so wish she would give me an enema and cuddle. I would love for her to lubricate. She will have none of it. Our love life is zero. Once she had had as many children as she wanted (two) she lost interest. I beg for some fondling but never get any. Wife is just frigid. I don't know what to do

Author:
buddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014, 03:18: pm

Marlene and Margret I enjoyed yourresponce to each other. It is what this bourd is all about though many try to make it other than intended. If I may ofer suggestions. I have given and taken just about every nema there is. I give alot of enemas to alot of people for all reasons. It is my observation that an enema once a week is like waiting for results weekly. If you and hedont go for seven days or even five it makes things dificult to say the least so may I suggest twice a week like wednesday and sat. or sun. Also two enemas each each time you will find much better and leave a better fealing. Any way I don't mean to intrude just helpful. The very best to you both. Also you will find that as you get older you don't respond to laxatives or enemas and the need becomes greater. Also larger volume. think about how you have changed in this regard say the last 10 years. Happy health to you both

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2° F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Forum.