Enema and Suppository Forum
www.EnemaForum.com
www.EnemaAndSuppositoryForum.com

VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????

Author:
george 1st (Happy)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 03:43: pm
In reply to: Steve 's message, "Do I still need my enema??????" on Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 07:20: am

Hi Steve and Eddie...
I totally agree that multiple enemas several times a week are a great way to stay healthy and to feel good. I have never experienced Castor Oil. I recently purchased a bottle of it to try it out. Have yet to do so. The important thing about enemas after Castor Oil is that if you do not take at least one, the oil will continue to leak from your butt for a day or more. Steve didn't say what kind of enema he will be getting. If I were on the receiving end after castor oil, I'd want at least three-two quart(minimum) heavy soapsuds enemas made with Ivory bar soap. The more soap the better. Once finished, you will feel like a new person. Steve, please keep us informed as to how often you receive these cleanouts. We need to get more people to go back to taking soapsuds enemas on a regular basis.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:20: am

I get soapsuds enemas, really do not like the taste of castor oil at all. Eddie was telling my mom about the mineral oil, she wanted me to ask you if you thought I should take that before bed maybe from now on? It seems I have always had a problem with having BM's, that is why she started me on enemas. Yes my mom likes me to hold them in, sometimes like ten minutes. Should I hold it in longer? Also she wanted me to ask how many enemas a day would be good for me. Thanks for your input on this Eddie and George

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 04:27: pm

Hi Eddie, I did have two more enemas today so far, and I am getting ready now for next one. My mom did get some mineral oil today and will take that before bed. Will that work over night?

[> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
george 1st (Education!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 11:34: am

Hi Steve...
I believe that the purpose of mineral oil is to soften stools so that they pass easily if they are hard. The oil probably also helps to lube the colon. For me, rather than distressing the entire intestinal tract, if I were going to use mineral oil, rather than taking spoons full and digesting it, I would prefer to inject four oz of mineral oil using a Fleet Mineral Oil enema or buying mineral oil by the quart and putting four ounces in using a bulb syringe. (Should your bulb syringe be made of rubber, one must make sure that the oil has been thoroughly washed out of it using a good dish washing liquid before putting it away.) When I do that, I take the oil enema at bed time then when I get up in the morning, if careful, one can eat breakfast, then empty the oil out followed by three very soapy enemas, one after the other to get rid of the oil. One has to be very careful holding an oil enema because if you thing that you need to pass gas, when you do, you will have an oily mess to clean up. Of course you can take the 3 soapy enemas (SSE) as soon as you get up. BTW, mineral oil protects the colon from the soap suds. By the time the third SSE is finished the oil will be mostly gone. If you do not do the SSE's you will be leaking oil for a day or two after you expel the first oil.

I'm in no way an expert on these things; however, I do not believe that the mineral oil will clean out the small intestine as well as the castor oil will on its way through. I also believe that taking the castor oil will give a superior thorough clean-out than the mineral oil will. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this could further communicate on this practice.

George

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To George

Author:
Steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 03:24: pm

Thank you very much for all the information. I did take the mineral oil last night, and worked somewaht this morning. My mom gave me a enema this morning followed by another about 2 hrs later, and also another one two hrs after that one. I will be getting one more before dinner, due to I go to bed very early. I do think the mineral oil did help soften up my stool and did make it somewhat easier to go. My mom is a big believe in castor oil as well, and will get more of that in a few days. She did not add any mineral oil to the enema, do you think I should ask her to do that? Again thanks for you your advice as been very helpful.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
Eddie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 06:04: pm

I do believe that George is absolutely right about the use of mineral oil Steve. My mother had some sort of blockage when I was a kid. It was thought it might be cancer. Now this was 60 plus years ago you understand. They did not have the kinds of treatments or ability to do colonoscopies back then. It was castor oil, series of very large enemas and mineral oil. Turns out that my mother had some other kind of blockage. Dad said that she always ate ichesher food very dry. Not enough moisture to facilitate a good soft bowel movement. I do recall having many hard boiled eggs and peanutbutter sanwiches for our noon meal. Consequently the enema bag was in constant use at our home. If we had the slightest sign of diahrea we had to have a big cup of boiled milk. She also ate lots of cheese and many cheese dishes like macaroni and cheese.

Enemas wont hurt you as long as they have one teaspoon of salt per quart of water according to what information I can find out.

Eddie

Author:
Filipino Orderly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:06: pm

I think George has provided EXCELLENT insight and advise! I also prefer the regime of castor oil in the evening with a full clean out the next day. My only suggestions would be if planning on holding a mineral enema overnight, I would strongly recommend inserting thru your anus into the lower rectum a feminine tampon. There is a high likelihood of passing gas and having an oily mess in your bed in the middle of the night!

Another variation would be to take the castor oil the prior evening, and the small mineral enema immediately upon rising. Then wait an hour or so or more and begin the cleansing enemas. Even if you choose not to use soap suds for your enemas on a regular basis, I highly recommend SSCE's with either or both castor oil and mineral oil! Yes, it should be at least three full soap suds enemas, if not a bit more! When doing this protocol, go until clear returns. IF you are not returning oil after the 3rd SSE, you can change to plain water. However, I DO recommend continuing the soapy enema water until you don't see either oil residue.

Evening castor ol followed by enemas until clear is the most frequent bowel prep in the hospital where I work as well as many others which I am familiar with. At least in the Philippines we have orange flavored castor oil, still not pleasant, but my US relatives say that plain castor oil in the US is terrible, but manageable. Since we are embedded as a "clean colon family" my California relatives load up with our Laxatrol Castor Oil to take back with them!

Let us know what process you choose, and how the results were including how many soapy and how many total full volume enemas it took to achieve your complete clean out!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
dranon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012, 08:49: am

Actually there have been several 'flavored' castor oil products available in the US in the past. There are unfortunately none today.
Neoloid (Peppermint flavored, (probably discontinued 30 years ago).
Fleet Castor Oil (Orange flavored, probably discontinued about 20 years ago)
Purge (Paddock Laboraboties), which contained an additive so it would would readily disperse in liquids like fruit juice). Purge was discontinued only a few years ago.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
eddie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012, 09:49: am

To Dranon, Lets they never discontinue ENEMA BAGS! All the laxitives in the world will not take the place of a good ENEMA.

On TV you can see ads for one kind of laxitive or another all day long. The pharmaceutical houses are pushing all kinds of new laxatives as well as so many other kinds of medications. At one time I worked for a place that raised rabbits for medical research. My wife and I also raised rabbits to sell to this facility. I am not proud to admit my part in this gruesome industry. I saw so many tortuous acts against these helpless creatures that it made me sick!

Eddie

Author:
Laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 11:00: am

Help, My daughter was very constipated..I Gave her a small dose of Fleets enema.. It works she is all cleaned out, but now she is leaking orange oily stuff. I had to put a pull up on her (she is 6) and is not impressed about the pull up. I was reading some of the comments, what is Suds soap? Am I suppose to use it to wash out the oil left in her? I am just wondering how long it takes for the oil to be out of her system so she can wear panties again? It has been at least 4 days since the enema.

Author:
jofesig
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 11:05: am

A small tampon, like a Playtex Sport with plastic applicator, gently inserted into the rectum might help. Be sure to use lots of KY!

Author:
Jerry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 05:10: pm

Four days is a time, I would give her a warm plain water enema and stay away from the oil enemas.

Author:
Jerry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 05:37: pm

You should consider taking her to the ER

[> [> Subject: Re: Do I still need my enema??????To Eddie & George

Author:
sherman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014, 11:48: pm

Castor oil is unpleasant and messy. And it does, as you say, Steve, taste bad. Mineral oil in the rectum gets messy. If your mother insists on these, I think that you should avoid them by relying on an enema buddy instead. Any male friend would understand and be willing to help you out--probably someone at your workplace. It's easy to rig an enema apparatus and put it on the hook inside the stall door in a men's room. Just before work, during the noon hour, and just after work. It certainly won't be the first time a men's room has been used to give enemas. Go for health, not irritating medicines.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Forum.