Welcome to the Enema and Suppository Message Board.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
JOhn
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:06: am

Does anyone here use at least a Fleet enema before going to the doc for a routine digital rectal exam? I would be embarrassed for the doc to find hard stool in the rectal vault.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Little Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:53: am

I and the ladies in my family have always received an enema before a gyn exam.
Clean hugs
Little Sarah

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Cassie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013, 01:17: pm

I have always used an enema a couple of hours before my GYN exam. My friend , who is an OB-GYN nurse told me she has done it herself for many years and suggested it to me.

Author:
Peter (IBS & Exam)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013, 03:43: pm

I have IBS so to avoid any embarrassing problems I take an enema and make sure its all expelled prior to having a rectal exam.

Author:
Harry H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:55: pm

I've taken a bag enema an hour or two before my annual physical knowing full well that the doctor would be doing a "dital" rectal/prostate exame. The doc has never complained about seeing a clean rectum. He likely has guessed I took an enema, but has never asked.

Author:
Harold
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 04:07: pm

Both my wife and I take an enema before a doctor's appointment when we know we will have a rectal. Years ago, my wife's OB-Gyn required an enema and the nurse told his patients to take one before their appointments.

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013, 01:11: pm

I schedule my rectal exam appointments several months in advance so I can be the first appointment, then I take 2 enemas the evening before, a slowly taken quart of soapsuds in the knee chest position so it goes high and held for up to 10-minutes, then the soapsuds is followed by 2 quarts of saline also taken KC and held as long as possible.

They always give me a satisfactory clean out.

Marlene

[> [> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Harry H to Harold
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013, 04:03: pm

Harold, oh for the good old days. My assumption is that the doctor who suggested an enema before arriving for the exam was either an old doctor who knew what a great job an enema does or this experience happened years ago. Today most doctors act like enemas no longer can be used for anything and act like it will cause a great deal of damage. What is this world coming to?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Harold
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 12:41: pm

My wife and I feel the same way. My wife is 68 so the enema requirement from her doctor started in the early 60's. He was also so OB/Gyn during her three pregancies so she received the good, old HHH enemas before she delivered our children and another enema before released from hospital after each birth. While that doctor is long dead, she still takes an enema before her doctor's appointments. Both of us grew-up receiving regular enemas and have continued the practice with ourselves and with our children as they grew-up. All three take enemas and give them to their children as well. It is strange that with all the aisles of laxatives, probiotics,pre-packaged enemas and colon cleansers today, doctors rarely tell people to buy bags and take a good old-fashioned enema.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Harry H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 02:20: pm

Harold,
My wife had children in the late 1960. HHH was very much in style. It worked and worked well. Personally I like enemas and have taken them all my life. My wife hates them but will sometimes give me one. I really do NOT understand the popularity of laxatives. Enemas would be faster predictable and cheaper. I wish for a real come back for the red bag.

Author:
memc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 12:26: pm

No doctors do rectal exams now-a-day.... at most a quick inspection and perhaps a short one-inch probe. Doctors do not touch any more, just order tests and use machines. During recent exam my doctor suggested a caroid ultrasound to check for bruies (clogs in artery to head)... old time doctors used to be able to determine using their fingers. My old doc, since retired, would do an anal probe and scope exam in the office each time.

Author:
John A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 08:29: pm

My doctor does a digital prostate exam every year when I he does my physical. He says he doesn't like it, and neithter do I, but that's what he does.

Author:
Harry H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013, 04:13: pm

To John A
Yes, I've had a rectal exam as part of the annual physical for about the last 30 years. Actually, I've rather enjoyed them. I do not let my doctor know I enjoyed it though. I think my mother got me hooked by giving me so many enemas when I was young.

Author:
jofesig
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 02:06: pm

I periodically visit a nurse (former RN that worked with a urologist) to have a through prostate exam and milking. Since she's in by rectum for some 25 to 30 minutes, I always to an enema prep beforehand. She compliments me about how clean I keep myself, and that it's much easier for her to get me to have a complete ejaculation when there's no "obstacles" in the way.

Author:
mdeluvr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 08:51: pm

What state are you in? would love to get the treatment from your provider.

Author:
jofesig
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013, 06:18: pm

California

Author:
lara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013, 04:38: pm

Ive never gotten a rectal exam from any doctor or gyno and im 28 but i always do a 2quart enema before any visit because when my doc does the abdominal part i dont want him to press on any fecal masses in my large intestine.

Author:
Harry H to Lara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013, 07:23: pm

I've had doctors (and nurses)feel my large intestines through my belly. Some years ago I was afraid to be to clean for fear they could not examine the function of my intestines. In more recent years I just enjoy my enema an hour or two before my appointment and expect to admit that I took an enema before I came to the doctor's office if they ask. Guess I've gotten to the point that I have no hesitency about telling them I took an enema.

Author:
Lara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 02:33: pm

I dont mind telling the nurse that I had an enema before the exam. They seem very surprised that someone my age does them. Thats the best part, their reaction! I get the same reaction when I came in once with a fever and told them it was obtained rectally. Ive only recently disclosed this info about the rectal. The first time I told the nurse she asked me how I know about enemas and rectal thermometers I just tell her that my childhood memories serve me well. I did admit that Im not a big fan of enemas and that I never switched over to oral by choice. I hate having a thermometer in my mouth especially whem my nose is stuffed. rectal just seems easier. She now understood why these past 10 years ive refused the temperature taking part of the exam and that ive given them my temp every time but never disclosed the route and they never asked. They just assumed it was oral. she told me if I wanted it done rectally in the office she wouldnt mind but Id have to bring my own thermometer since its not done on the adults here. Go figure.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Clint
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 11:21: pm

If I know my doctor is going to be inserting her finger up my rectum for a prostate exam, I'll have my wife give me a couple cleansing enemas the night before my appointment. I don't want to risk the embarrassment of my doctor pulling out a surprise after her finger's been knuckle deep up my butt. Being "cleaned out" also helps me relax better when she pokes her finger in, because that's actually a little uncomfortable, even with a female's finger.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: enema before routine rectal exam

Author:
Brandon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 12:12: pm

My doctor is male, but I do at least a small amount of cleansing before an exam, just out of consideration for him.

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 10:49: pm

I always take several enemas before my semiannual physical just in case I end up getting a digital prostate exam.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2° F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.