Welcome to the Enema and Suppository Message Board.

VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: RT before enema

Author:
kenw
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 02:10: pm

Does anyone recall having your mom or dad take you RT before giving you an enema.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: RT before enema

Author:
jean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 03:05: pm

what does rt mean?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: RT before enema

Author:
kenw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 05:02: pm

Rectal temperature

Author:
Rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 05:09: pm

jean,
Have you not had your temperature taken, rectally? Most accurate way to have a temperature taken, though to many, very invasive and/or embarrassing. But yes, RT means Rectal Temperature.

Author:
Little Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 06:35: pm

Mom often took my rectal temp before clytering me. The enema was exspected to reduce fever.
Clystered hugs
Little Sarah

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:08: am

Sometimes I also was taken a rectal temp before an enema. A 2nd rectal temp 2 hours after the enema often showed considerable lower fever.
Enemaed hugs
Marianne

Author:
Ralph
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 03:16: pm

My mother used rectal temps to keep me still while she prepared my enema whenever I was sick. She would come in to the bedroom with the thermometer and the Vaseline and make me pull down my pajama bottoms and lie still with my legs apart.
In went the glass rod and the admonition not to move while it was inserted. Then she went into the bathroom where I could hear the water running and the enema bag being filled.
When the prepartions were complete she returned to my bed to read the thermometer. Before she pulled it out she would take off my bottoms so I would be bare from the waist down.
After noting the temperature she would lead me to the bathroom where I would be greated by the sight of the filled enema bag hanging from the towel bar, its hose draped in the sink. The open Vaseling jar on the side of the sink.
Protested ignored I would be draped over her lap, my butt held open by her fingers and the lubed nozzle inserted. Then the sharp click of the metal clamp to start the flow of the soapy warm water. Further objections ignored, I had to take what she prepared for me. Fortunately she understood my capacity and only tested it slightly ever time I got an enema. I never knew how much volume I got when I was younger, but by the time I was twelve I could take a full bag, if not the first time, then for my subsequent, daily while sick, enemas.

Author:
Cosworth (smile)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 04:29: am

When I was a child, having my temp taken Rectally occurred fairly often, more often than my enemas. But Mum always checked my temp prior to giving me an enema or starting my weekly enema session. So during that stage of my life, the answer would be 'always'...

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013, 06:16: pm

Sometimes, I think rectal temperatures are taken to see if the patient has a fever, but I think there is another reason for them.

If the person getting the enema is tense, the enema will not go in well and may be expelled before it really has time to be really effective. Inserting a thermometer and leaving it in place for several minutes, lubricates the passage and, if the anus is tightly clenched at first, it will relax after a bit making the enema easier to take.

Author:
jay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013, 02:25: pm

My mom took my temperature rectally prior to an enema often . She would take my temp ' RT ' when I woke up and then about an hour later . If fever elevation was still present , she would give me a ' cool water ' enema to bring the fever down .
Also she , on occasion , took my temp prior to a cleansing enema for constipation .

Author:
William
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 10:18: pm

When I was only 4 years old, I had to get a barium enema at the children's hospital. I can remember only vague details, but I was taken into a regular exam room. A nurse raised my legs and I felt something cold and slippery up my butt. That was undoubtedly a thermometer. Next I was taken to a room with a metal table. Nurses took my clothes off and I was standing around naked. They put me on the metal table, and it had paper with Spiderman prints. I remember my legs were raised again like before and a nurse was standing over me at the end of the table. Then something thicker than the thermometer, and warm, was going up my butt. It felt uncomfortable and I cried for my Mom. My belly started hurting and I really cried a lot, but that's the last thing I remember from the experience.

Author:
Marc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 10:21: pm

Yes, RT's were common growing up...always lying on the bed on my stomach mom would insert the lubed thermometer in my butt. If my fever was over 100.5 that was all it took for mom to tell me that I needed an enema to bring down the fever. Moments later I was laying in the tub on a towel, butt side up with the bulging enema bag full of cool water hanging from the towel rack. Mom would lubricate the nozzle with vaseline (sometimes cold cream) and she would get down on her knees next to the tub and go to work. I would cringe and I felt the nozzle going in and mom made sure it was all the way in before I would hear the 'click' of theg clamp being released and the water would flow into my rear end. I would start to protest almost immediately to now avail. Mom would give me a few breaks by closing the clamp but the enema wasn't over until the bag was empty. I guess I was about 12 or 13 when she would expect me to take the entire 2 quarts of water. Sometimes it was just too much and some would squirt out on the towel. I remember trying to look over my shoulder to see if how much was left in the bag. It was always a relief when I heard the 'click' when the bag was empty. Mom would ask me to hold it as long as i could so that the cool water would 'pull the fever out of me'. She would leave me alone as I let it out, she would come back in the bathroom and have me bend over the tub and she would take my RT again. If it wasn't normal (98.6) the process would start over and it would be enema after enema until she was satisfied and I was exhausted. This went on until i was 19 and a freshman at a local college. When i moved out my sophmore year into an apt. with a friend she gave me the enema bag and told me it was time I gave them to myself. She gave cool water enemas for fever and soap and water enemas when I was plugged up. I still have the enema bag and use it often.

Author:
steve52
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013, 10:02: pm

Did your mom spank you or otherwise punish you if you resisted the enema or rectal temp? We're you embarrassed at age 18 and 19?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: RT before enema

Author:
Marc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 11:53: am

Hi Steve
There was never any punishment involved. Mom told me it was to make me feel better and even though I sometimes protested she was very patient with me.the enema sessions were lengthy and when it was over mom would praise me for my cooperation. As I got older I knew the RT and enemas really did make me feel better; and when I was plugged up from too much teenager junk food I was ready for a good soapy enema after not going to the bathroom for 3 or 4 days. Mom knew by my lack of appetite that I needed her help and that night before bed I would be ready for her to clean me out. Even at 19 I was not embarrassed as enemas were part of my childhood/adolescence. Spankings were rare in our house and only given when j was disrespectful. Those spankings werealways deserved and given over mom or dads knee with an open hand on my bare butt. That was more embarrassing than any enema or RT session. Spanking stopped at 16; enemas as I said around 19.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.