Welcome to the Enema and Suppository Message Board.

VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: First enema from bag

Author:
Jackie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013, 12:48: pm

My first bag enema was an experence I will never forget. I was very packed up and did not go for three days. My mom tried the enema nozzle first. She was not able to start the fluid. (tip got plugged) She tried the douche nozzle next. The fluid started and before long the bag was empty. My mom put me on a weekly enema and I felt so much better.
My mother let me take a weekly enema on my own when I got older.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: First enema from bag

Author:
Dale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013, 07:15: am

When I use my bag, I always use the douche nozzle. The longer nozzle makes taking the enema a lot easier. Unfortunately though, I seldom get to use my bag since I'm not home alone very often. So I have to rely on Fleet squeeze bottles.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Ralph
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013, 07:07: pm

Same with me, I never forgot that traumatic experience!

I must have been no more than four years old. My mom took me into the bathroom, took off my pants and put me over her lap while she sat on the edge of the bathtub. Her douche / enema bag hung from the shower curtain rod.

I didn't know what to expect, maybe temperature taking, as I was used to that. I screamed when the soapy water began to flow out of the inserted rectal tip. I pleaded for it to stop and for her to take it out.

I got several daily enemas, two, possibly three, during that occurrence. I do not know the reason for those enemas but they imprinted on me.

After that enemas became a part of being sick, constipated or as a result of seeing the doctor. Mom also gave me an enema about once a month on general principles but also to keep me familiar with them. I once overheard her tell a friend that if you didn't syringe your child regularly to keep him used to it, then when you needed to give an enema he wouldn't fuss as much.

It became my habit to look in the bath tub when I came home from school to check if the enema bag was out. It was always startling to see it hanging there, drying. I'd be nervous and excited waiting to see if I would be on the receiving end of it at bath time.

Author:
Cassie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013, 09:24: pm

My first was in the hospital as a prep . Not a pleasant experience .

Author:
Tony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 06:17: pm

My first enema was from the bag about age 6. I was in deep pain and my mom said to come into the bathroom. She got out her bag and filled the bag with soapy water. She slid in the nozzle and started the water. I cramped badly from the soap. My mom followed up with a rinse enema. I was releaved. I am glad my mom started me on enemas.

[> [> Subject: Re: First enema from bag

Author:
Brandon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 12:05: pm

I think I was between 4 and 5. A neighbor lady came in and helped with it. I was very resistant to the whole idea of something being put into me. I don't remember any sensation of water going in, just the insertion of the child's-size nozzle. That's what the fuss was all about.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: First enema from bag

Author:
richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:31: pm

Got my first ever enema with the enema bag.The family Pediatrician told my Dad this was "best" for me at age 9.I knew basically what an enema was from other boys in the neighborhood (late 1950's) I was scared silly.Had to be carried across my Dad's shoulders to the bathroom.My p.j. bottoms and briefs came off.I was lifted up,placed face down on the top of the towel chest,my butt across 2 pillows with my feet dangling down the front edge of the towel chest.A dreadful quasi-otk position.A full 32 ounce 104 degree F. soapy water (a bar of Castille soap rubbed in in until the water was bubbly and slippery).The enema nozzle was a "awful" nearly 4" inch long,black,baseball bat shaped enema nozzle (made in France circa 1920's) I cried and hollered and fussed from start to finish.But I got the enema,the Pediatrician said I needed. For a first time event,this enema was something else.

Author:
Little Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 12:03: pm

I never had an enema from the bag - always from an enamel enema can. I got my 1st enema at 4 or 5 when I had a bad cold. Mom came along with the irrigator and told me it was for me (til then it had always been for her). She told me it wouldnt hurt (obviously it didnt hurt when SHE was enemaed) and I should feel better afterwards. She asked me to take the enema without fuss or crying - like she had received one before I was born. So I did. It didnt hurt and I felt better afterwards. Later Mom told friends and neighbours Little Sarah had received her 1st enema like a lady - girl was I proud!
Can-enemaed hugs
Little Sarah

Author:
FunnStrict
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 01:20: pm

I was 5 when I received my first enema from a bag. I was getting stomach aches pretty frequently and I just think it was easier for my mom to switch to the bag from the bulb. They were given with love and I like the bag better than the bulb. Probably the psychology of saying I was a "big boy now" went a long way to stopping the fuss. It was finally determined that the stomach aches were from post nasal drip. Tonsils and adenoids removed. The stomach aches stopped. The enemas did not. They were now administered in the name of "prevention."

Author:
Lorie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013, 12:26: pm

I never remember a bulb enema until I was 10. Growing up it was always a bag. The first enema I remember in detail was when I was 5 and we were visiting one set of grandparents. Mom and Grandma were going to give me an enema. I knew what was happening and going to happen. I had an excited feeling and was looking forward to what was going to happen. Because of that I am sure I had been given enemas previously. What I didn't like was Grandpa, Dad, and my brother, who was older, watching. I don't even remember a bulb ever being in the house.

Author:
Harry H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 01:37: pm

Before the age of five I had been given a number of bulb enemas, so I knew what to expect when mom started using the red rubber bag on me. I was about 6 or 7. I felt grown up because she was going to use the same Victoria Enema bag on me as she used on herself. She did not make me take the etire bag. After that experience I never got another bulb enema. My joy with the enema bag became permanent.

Author:
William
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013, 09:04: am

My first bag enema was when I was 8 and from my sister. Mom and dad were out and sis was instructed to give me an enema before bed and for her to take one also as we were going on a road trip to visit g'ma the next day. Since the bag was hanging out to dry from mom's enema she decided to use it on me. When mom got home she told her what she did and how. Mom approved and I never had a bulb enema again. Thanks sis.

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014, 07:59: am

That first one from the bag was a little scary!

I was raised by my father, still don't know if my mother is even alive.

He was always very gentle when it was necessary to give me an enema, Which only happened a couple of times a year.

We had an advantage, because not long after my Mom left, one of her relatives up in Canada sent us a one Imperial quart supposed "Children's" bag, which was used essentially from age 5 to age 8 so it was not terrible, but it still LOOKED huge the first couple of times.

Author:
Robb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:36: am

The first enema I got from a bag I gave myself. I had enemas growing up but mom always used a bulb and when I first started giving myself enemas that is what I used. When I was maybe in my mid teens my mom bought an open top bag and one day I was home alone and decided to try it. I did this on several occasions afterwards up until we moved into a new house and I never saw the bag again. Always wondered what happened to it.

Author:
Colleen Connachan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:45: am

My first enema was from a rubber bulb syringe.

Author:
Early start
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 01:34: pm

Like Colleen, my first enema came from a bulb syringe, an older sister told me, and probably came a few times in potty training. As far as the bag, the first enema I recall was at age 4. Lying on my bed, legs up, the bag looked huge 3 or so feet above me.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.