Welcome to the Enema and Suppository Message Board.

VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Enemas for colds?

Author:
Eric the plumber
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 04:42: pm

Can anyone tell me if there is really an advantage of taking an enema when you have a cold? I had my share of colds growing up in the 50s, but never got a enema for them. My wife's mother always gave her an enema, but only after the cold was over. She said her mother believed it helped get rid of the toxins and germs left over from the cold. Any thoughts?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Enemas for colds?

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 10:07: am

In the 1960s, there were 'cold tablets', called 'Bromo-Quinine'. One major ingredient was a laxative.

The myth probably started with people feeling crummy, not really wanting to get out of bed when sick, and becomming constipated. Cold pills with a laxative presumably provided an incentive to get out of bed and poo.

Ditto mom and her bagfull of soapy water.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 11:13: am

Three things happened when I was a kid with a cold.Asprin,rectal temp.and an enema.This was daily until I recoverd.

Author:
Jack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 03:56: pm

I always take an enema series when a cold comes on, which is seldom because I frequently take enemas. The real benefit is to the sinuses which connect to the intestine.

Author:
Dean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013, 10:35: am

Yes, we always got enemas when (1) any of us kids were coming down with a cold, and (2) the usually every second or third days while we were nursing a cold. Mom said this gave our system a better chance to fight the cold and it also prevented constipation during a cold. It seemed to work because we often got over our colds more quickly than our friends did. And, no, not every member of the family got an enema just because one was coming down with a cold.

Author:
Sarah's daughter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013, 04:09: am

I always receive an enema when I have a cold. And when someone in my family has a cold, I take an enema to prevent getting a cold too.
Enemaed hugs
Little Helen

Author:
Marianne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013, 03:55: pm

I also have received enemas for colds. Unlike the lady on the picture I have used my bottom not only for enemas in this case but also for rectal temps.
Enemaed hugs
Marianne

Author:
Av
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013, 06:37: pm

I take enemas often and have noticed for years I never very very seldom get sick or have a cold. I do believe there is a connection.

[> [> Subject: Re: Enemas for colds?

Author:
Sarah's daughter (to Av)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013, 03:35: am

I agree.

Author:
Sue (UK)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013, 10:57: am

Dean:
Yes, we always got enemas when (1) any of us kids were coming down with a cold, and (2) the usually every second or third days while we were nursing a cold. Mom said this gave our system a better chance to fight the cold and it also prevented constipation during a cold. It seemed to work because we often got over our colds more quickly than our friends did. And, no, not every member of the family got an enema just because one was coming down with a cold.

Comment:
I think susceptibility to colds/other infections may be heightened by autointoxication resulting from constipation/infrequent bowel function. In our family, suppositories rather than enemas are the tradition, but "attention to bowel emptying" always accompanies a cold (or any illness someone happens to acquire).

Author:
Clint
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 10:42: pm

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion, that my wife will administer a cleansing enema after the worst of my colds are over. She'll usually wait till all of my fevers have gone and my sinuses are getting better, then out comes the 3qt bag.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.