VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:11:28 08/15/12 Wed
Author: Rebecca Steagall (Frustrated but hopeful)
Subject: McAuliffe from Mallow, Cork

I am looking for a connection with the McAuliffe family from Mallow, Cork in the early 1800s. My husband's great-great-grandmother was born there--I have reached a dead end in my search. Her name was Joanna McAuliffe and according to an old Bible that was passed down to my mother-in-law, it states her date of birth as June 12, 1812 in Mallow, Cork, Ireland. I just found her grave in Rockton, Illinois and her date of death is listed as Feb. 14, 1874. She and her husband, Allen Bingham, had been living with their oldest daughter, Ellen Bingham GATES and her husband Barton Gates in Rockton, Winnebago, Illinois.
Allen and Joanna had come to America and the Port of New York in 1836 with their two young daughters, Ellen and Tereza. They had settled in New York state for several years where they had the remainder of their children:
Andrew Bingham born in Bristol, Ontario, NY on June 10, 1837
Peter A. Bingham born in Canandagua, NY on May 19, 1839
John Bingham born in Canandagua on Feb. 19, 1841
William Bingham born in Canandagua on July 5, 1842
Robert Bingham born in Lockport, NY on May 19, 1845
Henry Howard Bingham born in Royalton, NY on Jan. 10, 1850.
Please help me find my husband's Irish roots. Thank you.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: McAuliffe from Mallow, Cork (additional info) -- Rebecca Steagall (Still hopeful), 08:29:43 08/15/12 Wed

I forgot to mention some other important facts about Joanna McAuliffe. She married Allen Bingham on June 2, 1829 at Saint Peter, Leeds, Yorkshire, England. (Her last name was spelled as Mc Coliff on the record.) According to the Bible info her two daughters, Ellen and Tereza Bingham, were born in Manchester, Lanceshire, England. Ellen on Jan. 9, 1832
Tereza on Oct. 7, 1834
Again, thanks for any assistance you can provide.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.