VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:09:17 02/06/10 Sat
Author: Jack Mc Donald
Subject: Mc Auliffe

While researching Portlaoise, Laois, Ireland cemetery records I came across John Mc Auliffe acting as Registrar for burials and his first was on the 6th February 1907.
The Mc Auliffe name is still in Portlaoise.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Mc Auliffe -- michael mcauliffe (curious), 14:32:25 03/28/14 Fri

>While researching Portlaoise, Laois, Ireland cemetery
>records I came across John Mc Auliffe acting as
>Registrar for burials and his first was on the 6th
>February 1907.
>The Mc Auliffe name is still in Portlaoise.

Hello
My father, Christopher McAuliffe was born in Portlaoise (Maryborough at that time) in 1906. His older brother Dan was superintendent of the cemetary so there may be a connection. He had 2 other older brothers, Frank who died I think in the sixties and John who was killed in the battle of the Somme in 1917(?) age 18. Dan, Frank and John were unmarried. My father died in 1962.

My father's sisters were Brigid and May. They were both teachers. Brigid married Michael Kelly and lived on The Heath outside Portlaoise where Brigid ran the post office and telephone exchange. May did not marry.

My father moved our bit of the family to Waterford, Ireland in about 1937 and I know of no other relatives with the McAuliffe name still living in the Portlaoise area.

Regretably, I know virtually nothing about my McAuliffe grandparents.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.