Welcome to the original Rectal Temperature Message Board.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Underpants/Panties lowered slowly or yanked down?

Author:
Rich
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 04:42: pm

Being many of us on this board have been through the procedure of having our temperatures taken rectally, did you ever realize, particularly if it were a medical caregiver; how they took your panties or underpants down? Did they do it slowly, and gently or did they do it where, once grabbing and lifting the rear waistband of your underwear, the caregiver yanked or hastily pulled them down?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Underpants/Panties lowered slowly or yanked down?

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 12:40: am

I Recall this one nurse at the pediatric wing would slide her fingers under the waist-band of my underpants and then kind of "roll them down" slowly to expose my bottom.She had a gentle touch and then used her thumb and forefinger to spread my buttocks wide for the insertion of a well lubircated rectal thermometer.Those were the days.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Warren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 06:50: am

When I turned 7 it was in the late 1950's. My mom married a guy in the Navy. We got free medical care at a clinic. There was lots of kids going there and not a lot of staff. That part of getting temperatures was in a large bay and there was a table were some kids got rectal temps and chairs facing the table got oral temps all at the same time. Looking back I think dependent patients were an unavoidable bother so they did not care about privacy.

Babies and toddler got temperatures somewhere else so it was like starting at I know at least 5 years old that temperatures got taken there. I got my temperatures oral but saw plenty of rectal temp taken. I know that all 5 years old did because I heard plenty from nurses, not corpsmans talking about the rule. They would put a hand from each side and pull one side down at a time until the trousers and underwear were far down.

All I can remember older boys that had to get it taken rectal complaining a lot because they could not get it in the mouth. Maybe they took boys and girls temps separately. Anyway, getting a rectal temp for an older kid had something to do with something with them that would lead the nurse to believe that the kid would bite on the thermometer and it would break. Most were slow I am sure.

My mom would tell the nurses that she would be back in a minute so I would sit there for 45 minutes and maybe an hours or longer and sit and watch rectal temps taken. It was fun to watch. Too bad the glass thermometers went away.

Author:
Little Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 11:45: am

Neither nor. When a rectal temp or enema is possible I always wear a nightgown and a bathrobe - no panties. They lift the nightgown a little.
Hugs
Little Sarah

Author:
jimmy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:48: am

When mom took it, she pulled them down in her sweet gentle way. When I played doctor, I immulated this gentle was of lowering undergarments. I loved tbe smooth feel of the cotton against the equal smoothness of their bottoms. Very stimulating sensation!!!

Author:
Simon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 05:21: pm

I was always told by the nurse(sometimes apologetically,sometimes to her apparent amusement)to pull down my pants and lay down on my tummy.So I would always get myself prepared and then wait for her to come back in shaking down the mercury down as she approached.

Author:
Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012, 01:13: am

This is a true honest story. I was 8 years old and had to get my tonsils out. Mom took me to docs to get checked out first and set things up to have them out. I remember the nurse doing just about everything, she got me up on the exam table, bed whatever you call it and told me to sit down. I sat at the end with my feet dangling over. She must of been a RN because she listened to my heart and actually looked at my throat, you would think the doc would do that. After all that she told me stand on the step of the table, I had no idea what was next. Next thing I knew she was buttoning my pants, I looked at my mom who smiled at me. This nurse pulled my pants down to my feet then pulled down my underpants, remind you I was still standing on the step of the exam table. They weren't yanked down or were they pulled down slowly, just normally pulled down. She stood staring for about 5 to 10 seconds at my little pinkie, lol, then told me to turn around and lay over on the table. Next was the rectal temp. If I had to guess this nurses age I would say she was in her late 20's to early 30's. The memory of that rectal temp lasted all these years.

Author:
Jerry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012, 10:12: am

It varied with the nurse at my doctor's office. The nurse I liked was kind and gentle, lowering them smoothly with my reluctant cooperation. The nurse I didn't like was no nonsense, she pulled them down with an impatient tug.
During my rectal temperature years (up to age 7) I was much more concerned about what happened to my underpants after my rectal temperature had been taken. If the nurse then wanted them off, it almost always meant a shot was coming. If I could pull them back up, it was less likely I'd be getting a shot. It wasn't a reliable indicator, but when you're a little kid who hates shots, you clung to any sign you could.
Most of those rectal temps were done with me lying flat on my belly on the exam table. However, Tom reminded me that there were several occasions when I laid over the end of the exam table with my legs dangling for my rectal temp.

Author:
Rodney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 11:48: pm

At the children's clinic, the nurse would always have me laying on my back. She slowly pulled my pants or shorts off, then pulled my underwear down to mid thigh and raised my legs. I usually started whimpering because I knew this was the instant I'd be feeling the dreaded discomfort of the thermometer being inserted deep up my butt. A fair amount of crying and a tantrum usually followed for the duration she had the thermometer in me. It even hurt when she took it out. Hated it then, love it now.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.