Welcome to the original Rectal Temperature Message Board.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Male Nurses

Author:
Tom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013, 02:02: pm

Is it appropriate for a male nurse to take a rectal temperature of a female patient?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Male Nurses

Author:
Lee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 07:06: am

This one's in the eye of the beholder, since nurses of either sex are expected to be professional at all times about all nursing matters.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013, 11:12: am

Ordinarily, there would have to be a female staff member present to monitor any contact between a male staff member and a female patient.

[> [> Subject: Re: Male Nurses

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013, 01:02: pm

Nursing was a traditional career path for women, until men started to enter it, I'm guessing, around 35-40 years ago.
If someone is qualified and dedicated to taking care of patients, that's the only criteria that should matter.

Author:
Forever Remembering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013, 02:18: am

I remember being 15 years old and in the hospital with pneumonia. I was already interested in boys at that age, but still had limited sexual encounters. One day, when I was already feeling much better and was soon to be released, a male nurse came in to check my vitals. He had with him a nursing student who was also male. As the nurse explained what he was doing to the student nurse, he said that, when a patient has pneumonia, it can be hard for them to breathe and so a rectal temperature must be taken. I said that I was feeling better, and had not needed a rectal temperature at all during my time in the hospital, but the nurse said that surely a rectal temperature would be better for me, and I should lay on my side and lower my underwear. With the student looking on, I complied though I was totally embarrassed. When the male nurse touched my bottom, I automatically squirmed. He said I should lie still, and it won't hurt at all. Little did he know that my involuntary motion was due to a teenage feeling of arousal at having a man looking at and touching my naked bottom! When he parted my butt cheeks and inserted the thermometer, I could hardly believe the exquisite feelings that came over me! I think I actually had an orgasm but since I was not sexually experience I didn't know what I was feeling! After he removed the thermometer, he asked if I would mind if the student would try to insert it. Before I could answer, the student stuck the thermometer back into my bottom. I don't think I could've been more turned-on. I was blushing from embarrassment yet totally excited. I'll always remember that encounter with the male nurse and the male nursing student.

Author:
Flora
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 11:36: pm

A nurse is a nurse. Should gender matter?

Author:
Forever Remembering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013, 04:02: am

Gender does matter when you are 15 and starting to feel the pangs of arousal!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Male Nurses

Author:
Joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014, 01:57: pm

In the '70s, '80s, and part of the '90s it was commonplace for male nurses to take rectal temperatures of female patients just like male patients. And it was done without any female chaperones. This was the age before harassment became an issue. Today, temperatures are taken almost entirely orally or in the ear with electronic thermometers.

Author:
Doc B
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 06:51: am

Matters to me. My ass is off-limits to males.

Author:
Forever Remembering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 05:18: pm

I doubt if I would've be so turned-on if the nurse was a female. I was, after all a teenager, first interested in males, and here was a young male asking me to lower my underwear, with another young male looking on. Sure, they were professional; undoubtedly they were doing their job as nurses/nursing students. However, humans have instincts and desires that are not always under rational control, especially when young. Therefore, when a nice-looking male asks a teenage girl to lower her underpants, then proceeds to touch the rear, and inserts a cool, slick device into her bottom, it doesn't matter if the girl knows that he is a nurse doing his job or anything else. The desire takes over because that is how humans are "hard-wired". No problem, just fact. It just felt good, even if that wasn't the intention. Same for the emotion of embarrassment. The nurse surely wasn't there to embarrass the patient, but that was the end result. Maybe it DOES matter what gender the medical professional is if we want to prevent arousal or embarrassment, especially where a non-emergency situation is present. That encounter will likely remain with me the rest of my life! I'm not unhappy about this, as it is still sexually stimulating, but it isn't something I can stop even if I wanted to do so.

Author:
todesengel24
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 06:22: am

youre totally right!u cant control your feelings but so cant the medical staff.i dont believe at all that they dont enjoy it more if they do this to a young,maybe attractive patient of the other gender than to someone in his 80s.therefore the sentence "dont feel ashamed they see it x times a day" doesnt mean anything to me.its embarrassing anyway...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Male Nurses

Author:
todesengel24
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 02:23: pm

yes i think so Geo.why shouldnt u be allowed to ask for a nurse of the same gender?the arousal was never a problem cause i felt none.but in spite of being female i can imagine how its feels if u are getting aroused in front of strange people without being able to control it.for me the shame was the worst thing.i didnt want to be looked in my pubic area by unknown people.if that had to be without ifs or buts i would insist on a female nurse..

Author:
Geo.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014, 12:47: pm

Do you think male patients should be able to request male nurses?

If you think you were embarrassed by your arousal, imagine the utter embarrassment of a teenage boy who becomes visibly aroused.

Author:
Daniel (joy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014, 05:59: am

Forever Remembering: Nurses of the opposite sex are always a turnon to a teenager when they insert anything in you!!

Author:
Forever Remembering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 03:06: am

Yes, Daniel, you've got that right! As long as it doesn't hurt, of course. Because of my encounter with the male nurse and the male nursing student I've always had fond memories of rectal temperatures!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.