Welcome to the original Rectal Temperature Message Board.

VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Spanking and Rectal Temperature

Author:
Flora Bruno
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013, 12:50: pm

Growing up, my Mom was an APRN and she took everyone's RT, especially her patients. Dad was a great guy but a strict disciplinarian. I spent a lot of time over his knee, bared and spanked severely with a wooden hairbrush....OUCH

Nearly every time I was spanked and sent to my room Mom would come in about an hour later where she found me lying on my bed, still bare, and crying.

Mom would separate my burning cheeks with one hand and slide a rectal thermometer inside me with the other hand. While the thermometer was reading my temp Mom would tell me I'd been naughty and deserved that spanking. She was always there to see my punishments.

I know Dad punished Mom the same way because there were times I would get up to use the bathroom and I could hear the slaps and crying coming from their bedroom.

I am close to 60 years old now and whenever I visit my Doctor's office still have my temp taken rectally.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Spanking and Rectal Temperature

Author:
Sue (UK)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013, 12:11: pm

Standard question: did she use enemas and suppositories as "punishments" also ?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Spanking and Rectal Temperature

Author:
Flora
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:01: pm

Yes, enemas were also given as punishment by BOTH parents. My Doc who takes my RT is in her 40s and all I had to do was ask once.

Author:
Richard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013, 12:50: pm

I've been spanked but never got a hairbrush used on me. In the dept. of temperature taking, many a rectal thermometer was used on me at home and at medical facilities. And you're lucky, as there may not be as many physicians out there today who still use the rectal temperature method, particularly on us older folk. I'm 63.

[> [> Subject: Re: Spanking and Rectal Temperature

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 10:59: am

I'm close to 60 too, and can remember that rectal temps were common to find in pediatric wards, and some homes, even through the teen years. In my home, rectal temps stopped at age 5, (along with spanking). This is a much different world today. Spanking kids, and rectal temps at any age, is not only rare...unless they're being done in private...but may also be "interpreted" as archaic and abusive. Speak to a genuinely licensed health care professional, or social worker, and ask them for their opinion. You'll definitely see that times have changed since we were growing up.

Author:
Brendon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 09:29: pm

Both were standard procedure growing up about 20 years later. Even though spanking was generally discouraged when I was a kid, every one of my friends, boy or girl, got spanked--I know because the question would invariably be asked of how my parents spanked me --which always embarrassed me. However, boys who didn't get spanked were considered spoiled or mama's boys, so I would never try to hide the fact I got spanked.

Rectal temperatures were different, because some places switched to oral at younger ages than others, so admitting to getting rectal temps was much riskier. I was mortified that other kids would find out I still got rectal temps at age 12 at the doctor, knowing that the school nurse took oral temps as young as age 6. I actually hated the rectal temps worse because it seemed to be such a baby's procedure. At least I knew spankings were universal among my friends, even though I hated them too.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.