VoyForums

Sat, Dec 16 2017, 9:04:24VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:58:40 06/06/17 Tue
Author: Senior lady
Subject: There was a time when I was feising a lot and never placing in PC, and here's what my mom said
In reply to: IDMom-WesternRegion 's message, "Just a general poll... does your dancer (or if you're the dancer) hate feising? more..." on 07:48:35 06/06/17 Tue

I used to be exactly how you're describing your daughter. I would ask my mom to sign me up for a ton of feises,and then I'd go, not place, and come home in tears (I was 10-12 during this phase). I'd get in the car, super upset, and my mom, very calmly would turn to me and say, ok, what are you going to do next? What's the plan? Do you want to keep doing this? And every time I would say yes, I want to keep feising and getting better. So she'd ask again, "What's the plan?" How was I going to practice so I wouldn't feel this way the next time? And on the way home we'd make a plan. We'd talk about what worked and didn't work at the competition, and I'd try to implement those things for the next competition.

Now obviously, I'm remembering this scenario with rose-colored glasses because it took me two years in prelim of not placing before I started to come home with a trophy once in a while, so I clearly didn't use "the plan" as efficiently as I say. However, I can say that, making it my decision after every feis what the plan was going forward is what kept me dancing. And for long perspective, I ended up dancing through college and beyond, and my mom and I still talk on the way home from feises about "the plan" going forward. I hope that helps!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.