VoyForums

Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:12:28VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:09:53 06/06/17 Tue
Author: old mom
Subject: My dd hates feising right now, because she feels like she isn't good enough after taking a break during college, and fears not placing at local feisanna. Ironically, she NEVER feels that fear at majors. My take:
In reply to: IDMom-WesternRegion 's message, "Just a general poll... does your dancer (or if you're the dancer) hate feising? more..." on 07:48:35 06/06/17 Tue

I think she is feeling like she did back in prelims when she was always at the bottom for over 3 years. I told her we would stop it all if she couldn't get a handle on her emotions and address them constructively. Kicking the car and crying "I hate being last" doesn't help. Sitting, having a good cry in the car and then planning on how to address judges' comments does help. It may be your dd is feeling frustrated and lost as to what to do, especially since she may be putting pressure on herself to get that last first. Maybe a chat from her TC would help? FYI - once my dd began working at home in addition to class to fix her dance issues instead of whining about the unfairness of life, she got 8 firsts in a couple of months to place out of prelims. It can and does happen.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.