VoyForums

Sun, Oct 22 2017, 23:29:26VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:29:10 06/07/17 Wed
Author: hth
Subject: Can I ask - is she prepping at home? Obviously she's a good dancer to qualify for NANs - is she watching the OC comps, to see what the little extras are? My dd started visualising what she was going to do at the next feis, how she would dance the steps etc - and that actually did help her to execute them the way she wanted.
In reply to: IDMom-WR 's message, "YES! When her mind is in the right place and is constructive, she always places well. She just needs one more... and can easily do it, if she just doesn't get mental. ;)" on 10:22:31 06/06/17 Tue

I think the major difference is that air of confidence - not the ugly competitive streak we sometimes see but rather that attitude of "I feel GREAT about being here, I LOVE dancing, let me show you how much I love it!" - and they can fake it till they feel it. That became the difference for my dd. Yes, balance is vital - but it sounds like your dd also need to just get over that hump because she does want to get to OC, she just feels frustrated now.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.