VoyForums

Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:09:24VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:55:56 06/08/17 Thu
Author: more inside
Subject: if you don't need to leave "right this minute", keep checking the app and wait until the surge pricing goes down to summon the car. If you're running late and have no choice, surge pricing is the price you pay for your inability to plan ahead. Also, you can use Google Maps to get price estimates for both apps.
In reply to: Don't trust Uber. 's message, "And don't forget about Uber's surge pricing. Look at what they did to people in London. Same in San Francisco where I live. I know people who have paid over $70 for a route that normally costs $7!" on 14:37:51 06/05/17 Mon

also, in my experience, because Uber and Lyft are often times cheaper than a cab, surge pricing tends to be comparable to the regular cab fare around me. there are exceptions where it's beyond ridiculous though. I've used taxifarefinder.com to get an estimated cab fare

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.