VoyForums

Fri, Oct 20 2017, 18:32:14VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:42:58 06/15/17 Thu
Author: .
Subject: Every region (except one, I think) does host. So does the IDTANA. They just hold the competitions down here in the South. There are many reasons for this. (inside)
In reply to: Come on! Be fare ! 's message, "The NAIDC needs to fairly rotate locations. Each region should host . It is not fair to make one region pay additional cost, in airfare, hotels and deal with time differences multiple years. I'm not sure what a valid excuse would be for not doing this." on 19:12:12 06/15/17 Thu

Reasons include availability of venues and hotel rooms (remember Providence?) and expressed preferences by TCs, ADs, and many parents for "vacation destinations." Nashville was a great location in terms of a venue that was big enough for all of us and had a lot of experience in hosting the NANs, but many complained that there wasn't enough to do in the area.

The South also tends to be less expensive than some areas of the country. I can't imagine what a NANs in New York City would cost. Unions were a problem when Las Vegas was planned a few years ago, and would be a problem in other areas as well.

So it isn't that the Southern Region hosts year after year - we don't, and we don't want to.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Did you not read the above? EACH region rotates. The NAFC does not control WHERE EACH region chooses to hold the NAIDC. Heck, WR could host the NAIDC in NYC for all that matters. What do you not understand about this process? BTW, Colorado, Kansas don't have avaiabilties, and Utah with specific laws on other aspects would be difficult. -- to the affordabilty (more), 04:22:36 06/16/17 Fri
  • No, my teacher told me the profit the WR made on their nationals. (NT) -- IDTANA uses it as a fundraiser, 05:53:41 06/16/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.