VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:11:05VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:41:12 06/16/17 Fri
Author: mom
Subject: And if MAR decided to do in at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square with a plethora of (expernsive) hotels nearby, what then?
In reply to: MORE 's message, "Reworded: the Point is its hosted in the same geographical area year after year." on 11:14:41 06/16/17 Fri

1) complaints about cost; 2) complaints that it's too far from the West Coast and MWR; 3) complaints about the horrifying Sin City that is NYC (it's not, BTW). What you would gain in a better flight cost you would lose in hotel fees, food costs and everything else.The point is - EVERY region is going to have its pluses and minuses. Trust me when I say traveling to Vancouver won't be something I look forward to - but I understand it is the way it is, and I look forward to seeing what I understand is a lovely city. Why can't people just go with the flow a bit? And to your "then they shouldn't host" comment - wasn't it WCR that lost its shirt a few years ago and had to be skipped over and over while the region recovered from the financial losses? The other regions picked up the slack while they (rightfully) regrouped. It seems like you are saying if you're good at running it or happen to have a great venue, you should be tasked with the hard work every year. Doesn't that seem a bit unfair to you?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.