VoyForums

Mon, Dec 11 2017, 1:45:35VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:37:21 06/18/17 Sun
Author: Travelling family
Subject: We took our family to NOLA and had a great time!
In reply to: Say no parent ever 's message, "Let's take the kids and vacation in New Orleans/ French Quarter" on 15:08:23 06/16/17 Fri

Last year we took our family (kids ranging from 6 to 13) to NOLA for a short, 4 day get away and had a great time. I was a little hesitant when we booked the trip, to be honest, since I had only been there for bachelorette parties. But, I went in open minded and was so pleasantly surprised. The kids loved it - beignets, swamp tours, music, steamboats, great food - they said it was one of their favorite weekend trips. We did walk down bourbon street - but in the late afternoon before all the "crazy" things --- and honestly it was no big deal at all. They LOVED standing and listening to the different bands and the street performers. In the evening, when walking home from dinner to the hotel, we just made sure that everyone was close and holding hands - what we would do anywhere. Didn't have any t=rouble at all. My kids didn't see anything out of our "norm" - maybe because we frequents areas in California with a lot of homeless on the streets - and it isn't that scary for them. To be honest, the worst / most frightening weekend get away we have taken was to San Fran due to a homeless man grabbing my daughter's arm when we were waiting for a cross light and refusing to let go, followed late that weekend with a guy literally peeing inches away from us as we waited for the cable cars. Now - I have little desire to return to the beautiful city of SF.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.