VoyForums

Sat, Dec 16 2017, 18:42:54VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:59:36 06/22/17 Thu
Author: mom
Subject: OMG, THANK YOU for posting this. I also am not associated with the committee, but I've been increasingly irritated at the attitude that the organizers are living to screw us all up and have nothing better to do. I defy anyone posting to complain on these boards to attempt to run a logistical nightmare like this one as cleanly as MAR have.
In reply to: further (sorry for the length) 's message, "Unfortunately, once again, you are the one in error. As one (of many, I am sure), I am not associated with the committee, but did weigh in as I've run/co-run many large, subscription events like this and understand the difficulty in doing so. The attacking came from the start, the OP came here to lash out and bash. That was the clear intent." on 05:47:31 06/22/17 Thu

I too have run events, far smaller than this, and it's unreal the number of items on any given day that you have to deal with. And the last two weeks? Forget about it - these people are doing it for US, and for the love of Irish dance, FOR FREE. No one gets paid for leaving their own kids while they're off getting stuff done, putting out fires etc., nor do they get paid back for taking off valuable time from their REAL jobs, etc. I for one am so grateful that they do this year after year no matter which region it is, and give kudos to MAR for the really small number of questions/issues that have popped up so far. If you think it's easy, cast your memories back to a few years ago when one region went broke trying to run a great event. They tried their best, too, but it's NOT as simple as you all make it out to be. The committee were made aware of an issue and corrected it, and still people come on here b*tching - and go on to b*tch about who was b*tching! I wonder, how many of the complainers actually volunteer for this enormous event? I get that people have had issues, but the way to go about it is to read the committee's materials and then contact them with your inquiry/request. And then use the Golden Rule your mom taught you - treat others the way you'd like to be treated. I'm fairly certain that if people were on a public site like FB or something, complaining about YOUR volunteer efforts (or even your job) the way that people come on here to do, you'd be upset and mortified. I truly hope these committee people don't read the boards because if they do I am embarrassed at what they have been reading.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• AMEN and AMEN. Very well put - lengthy or not. Had to be said. And eloquently so. Thank you. (NT) -- CC, 07:15:20 06/22/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.