VoyForums

Tue, Dec 12 2017, 0:25:16VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:17:00 06/22/17 Thu
Author: +
Subject: I appreciate your thoughts. I don't have a horse in this race as we chose not to attend this year for many reasons. But given the outcry, clearly we have a broken system. Considering the exorbitant amount of money that participating in this activity requires, with that comes the expectation that the event will be run professionally - more inside
In reply to: Great read 's message, "Too good not to re-post..." on 19:21:15 06/22/17 Thu

I understand that this event is mostly volunteer-led. However, there are more and more TC's out there (many who do not have other jobs) who are charging crazy amounts of money for their "expertise". Add in the extra's - the 3K dress, wig and make-up, tanning, and then the essentials - airfare for a parent and dancer, hotel, cost of meals, transportation, and this is an incredibly expensive endeavor. So yes, the expectation is that it will be a professionally run event. After all, it's an annual event, it's not as if there is much deviation year to year other than the venue. If we are going with the "it's run by volunteers" argument, let get rid of the extras- the dress, wig, make-up tanning. I believe what most families want out of this event is to see great dancing in front of fair judges. Let's get rid of the fluff and put our money into a well-run event. I would be happy to pay more for an event fee if the extras weren't killing me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.