VoyForums

Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:22:08VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:05:32 06/22/17 Thu
Author: Irishmama
Subject: I personally applaud this post.I would say that it even applies to feiseanna also. No committeee wants there to be big issues, troubling mistakes, or great miscommunication,
In reply to: + 's message, "I appreciate your thoughts. I don't have a horse in this race as we chose not to attend this year for many reasons. But given the outcry, clearly we have a broken system. Considering the exorbitant amount of money that participating in this activity requires, with that comes the expectation that the event will be run professionally - more inside" on 20:17:00 06/22/17 Thu

I firmly believe that the committees for all our majors and feiseanna are all working tirelessly to avoid these. But in events of this magnitude, there will always be some decisions that cause a hardship for some families. Committees must look for the greater good, what they believe will work best for the majority of dancers. Im not saying we cant offer suggestions, or even contact the committee to ask for clarification. But no committee will ever please everyone. I firmly believe that for the times I have been inconvenienced, there have just as many times that I was happy with how things went. We arent going to lose the costumes and the wigs and all the trimming for majors. Its not going to happen. It is very expensive for families for sure. But the organizations have to do what they feel is necessary to ensure that the event be a financial success. Do people realize how many feis have had to cancel or downsize because they lost money? Hotel blocks and wrist bands are insurance. Im not saying it all shouldnt be professional because it should be, but no one is perfect. Maybe we need to focus on the good things a little more, and let the committees, both for majors and local feis , know when they did things right rather than just criticizing.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• If you want "professionally" run events this size, then I assume you will be ok with the cost of hiring a professional event planner or 10 to run it. Honestly, don't you get it? (NT) -- ugh, 06:31:58 06/23/17 Fri
  • Never ceases to amaze me- inside -- -, 08:15:09 06/23/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.