VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:17:16VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:43:04 06/23/17 Fri
Author: More inside
Subject: While I appreciate your thoughts, in all the posts I've read defending the committee, it's been lost that every dancer/family has paid a separate fee
In reply to: Great read 's message, "Too good not to re-post..." on 19:21:15 06/22/17 Thu

As a form of admission. If the "family fee" is not intended to cover, in part, admission, its purpose should be spelled out. (At the very least it should cover the dancer being admitted into a competition they've paid to enter, and in some cases, several days of competition with ceili and figures.)

As for the room blocks, I've been to too many NANs competitions to remember correctly, but in the past it seems that booking the "minimum" room block requirement garnered bands/passes for the whole week/event. I remember past years of hearing of families who would book the minimum then move hotels to something they could more easily afford. I usually cringed when I heard, as I tend to be more of a rule follower and just booked my entire stay in the block.

Personally I think the biggest problem we're seeing (and not just with NANs) is either a lack of timely communication or accurate communication. Going forward, room requirements need to be spelled out prior to the hotel block opening (i.e. minimum requirement, number of bands/per room/per day, etc.) An explanation of what the fees cover would be helpful (and would cut down on complaints).

I feel for the committee organizing the event and I also feel for the families who feel nickel and dimed at every turn -- especially those who have multiple dancers competing. Yes, no one is forcing them to be involved in this activity, but for many it's a love and a passion, even if they don't have all the money in the world. I have compassion for those families who make this a family trip/vacation as their only vacation for the summer. They will spend a lot of money with the vendors, at the hotel and in the city. That shouldn't be lost either. The question become, how much MORE will they have to spend (or conversely, not be able to spend) because their budget has been altered by changes with the event?

And to the committee, thank you for hearing from attendees and allowing entry on the day of arrival. I know that means a lot to me and to a lot of other families who had been planning to watch friends compete when they arrived.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.