VoyForums

Mon, Dec 11 2017, 20:49:29VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:05:40 06/24/17 Sat
Author: more inside....
Subject: It is my understanding after chatting with the gents at the stall at the O that the "Lights" are the most pliable right of the box, Ultra flexi a but less flexi out of the box, and Super Flexi (grey sole) are one step less flexi than that.
In reply to: CC 's message, "Any opinions on Fay's Ultra Flexi or Ultra Flexi Light - interested in loud clicks/ease in arches/pointing/toes-for OC more..." on 08:11:07 06/23/17 Fri

My dancer prefers the grey soled Super Flexi bc it provides support in toes (doesn't give that "taco toe" look that is rampant) and it also lasts a bit longer. In OC with so many class hours, home practice hours, and comps my dancer used up the support and life of the lights in less than 3 months. Grey soles last about 5/6 months and hold their support longer. Breaking them in is more painful but my dancer prefers to work through that to have a more supportive shoe vs having something super soft right out of the box.

I think Fays makes a solid shoe and I know dancers who swear by their lights - at our school it seems split, half the dancers like the lights and just get new pairs more often vs the other half who suffer through a little longer break in period but get more life out of the grey soled shoes. Oddly enough idk anyone who prefers the ultra flexi (black sole that's not the lights) LOL

It's really just a personal choice. Tips/heels are the same on both models.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.