VoyForums

Tue, Dec 12 2017, 11:58:02VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:21:49 06/26/17 Mon
Author: ...
Subject: Actually you have it backwards
In reply to: So confused! 's message, "So can someone help me - I received a link to a gofundme page for a previous World Champion dancer to help her travel to law school (she also used promo material from LOTD in her ad)-is that how it works now? Is that what this generations is all about? Let's ask other people to pay our way. Get a loan, go where YOU can afford" on 22:35:57 06/25/17 Sun

The generation isn't about expecting other to pay your way. When you set up a crowdfunding you have no expectations. Instead you are just hoping. I never participate in any of the crowdfunding things I'm sent and I've never been harassed or badgered. The thing is, the generation is more likely to help out their peers. They believe in "IF we all give a little it will lighten the load." This generation is big into sharing the cost of things. Look how popular kickstarter is. But there's no expectation.
Why force her to rely on a loan that will just make the banks more money and ultimately hurt the economy? She's getting an education so she can help the economy by becoming a healthy, tax-paying citizen.
Really, you just sound bitter because someone might help her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.