VoyForums

Sun, Oct 22 2017, 19:51:34VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:42:38 06/26/17 Mon
Author: More
Subject: My goodness just don't donate. I'm not donating, but I have more respect for her than I do for a someone bitching on this board
In reply to: So confused! 's message, "So can someone help me - I received a link to a gofundme page for a previous World Champion dancer to help her travel to law school (she also used promo material from LOTD in her ad)-is that how it works now? Is that what this generations is all about? Let's ask other people to pay our way. Get a loan, go where YOU can afford" on 22:35:57 06/25/17 Sun

Many of these posts are wrong about law school, to begin with. Professional schools (like law schools) in the UC system are now almost as expensive as private schools, even for residents. They are on a different tuition system than the undergrad schools. And there aren't Cal Grants for law school! People are just making shit up. This dancer did live at home and go to a local state college, FWIW. Maybe no one should do an expensive hobby like Irish dance on the chance that years down the line they might want to spend the money on professional school? Even if Irish dancing helps you get into one of those top professional schools?

Seriously, you all sound catty and jeolous. This isn't a millennial hoping to for a free ride with no work,it's someone who has worked hard for years, went to college on the cheap and did extremely well even while dancing at the top of the sport, and now has a great opportunity. As I said, I won't be donating because I save my charitable dollars for actual charities, but it doesn't bug me she is doing this. Just don't donate!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.