VoyForums

Tue, Oct 17 2017, 15:35:03VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:02:22 06/26/17 Mon
Author: ...
Subject: I posted above. I'm a millennial and graduated completely debt-free. It doesn't mean that I don't realize how lucky I was.
In reply to: you sound entitled 's message, "And, BAM! There go the rest of the excuses and sadly no knowledge of actual history. Other generations had similar issues, yet they dealt with things straight on and didn't expect others to pay their way. Eyeroll all you want, and it's indicative of the generation. There are ways to achieve end result." on 10:33:59 06/26/17 Mon

And that's lucky even though I had to work my butt off.

I have seen my friends and peers suffer. None of my friends drive the latest cars ( they all pride themselves on keep the 10-year-old car running) and they don't live in lovely townhouses (unless there is five of them living in a two bedroom to cut costs)

And BAM "it's what the previous generations did, and it worked" shows you have no idea of history. It worked for previous generations because education was more supplemented by the government and wages were more set in line with cost of living. You clearly don't have any education on the matter at hand if you make comments like that. Read up. The government did pay their way. I have a sibling who enrolled in the same university program as I did, just ten years after I did. The program now not only costs more, but he has less access to the funds I had access to. The government pays less into education than it used to, by a ton, the education costs more and it is impossible to pay off through working part time, like my mother did for her education. You can't say "well I can do it so everyone should be able to." Life doesn't work like that.

Once again, no one expects people to pay their way when they open a go-fund me. They are hoping to cut costs and are trying anything they can to do so. If they expected you to pay their way they would be calling and harassing you, and trying to make you feel bad for not supporting them, and no one does that. At least MOST people don't do that. It is no different than applying for a scholarship.

You somehow feel bitter that this person might get something. Why do you feel so entitled to decide how people can pay for college?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.