VoyForums

Sun, Oct 22 2017, 19:46:55VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:18:15 06/26/17 Mon
Author: More
Subject: Because law school doesn't work that way.
In reply to: set a goal, and achieved it 's message, "A loan is a loan, doesn't matter what kind, you accept it with open eyes. If you can't afford the end, then common sense says not to take it. Know of many who took years to go through law school and medical school, and didn't take any loans to do it, either." on 11:10:10 06/26/17 Mon

At well ranked law schools you can't take a class here or there. That's not how the program is designed and it's not like undergrad. At low ranked law schools, you are unlikely to get a good job (in the current legal market which is glutted, it was different in the past) and they are equally as pricey. She's not expecting, she's asking.

Of course you should know loan terms. My point was the PP was WRONG about the loan terms available for professional school. It's very different than undergrad.

I have no undergrad or law school debt. I worked hard but mostly I feel grateful and lucky that 30 years ago such a thing was possible. I don't feel like I have to criticize the current generation. The costs are exponentially more. I went to law school for $5000 tuition a year, a top ten school. That same law school now is $50,000 per year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.