VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Wed, Oct 18 2017, 16:48:48VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:54:47 06/26/17 Mon
Author: ...
Subject: Ah, I didn't say my sibling was a previous generation.
In reply to: you are blinded by youth 's message, "Your sibling is not a previous generation, but part of your generation, millennial or not. You continue to insult people by your own arrogance, which is also indicative of your youth. And, your history is in error." on 11:37:24 06/26/17 Mon

My point was things have gotten worse in ten years, so how can you pretend that two generations compared. Clearly that point went over your head.

But go ahead and say I deliberately misread... maybe in your case it wasn't deliberate though.
My parents were baby boomers. Both of them. My grandfathers both were involved in the war effort. We're talking about the same history. The difference is I know it and you clearly don't.

How do I demean my mother? She was able to work a part time job to pay for her degree, allowing her to achieve it in a timely manner. Now my sibling works a full time job and still needs extra income to afford college. My mother agrees with me that things are harder for my sibling than it was for her and I.

If you look at the research, tuition for a university education has gone up 439 percent. Income has only gone up 147 percent. Tuition has gone up at least another 20 percent between me and my sibling. "Well I did it, so kids today should be able to" just doesn't fall in line with the math. There's no logic supporting that argument. Times have changed and people are changing with the times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.