VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Thu, Oct 19 2017, 22:34:19VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:16:28 06/26/17 Mon
Author: only shows arrogance
Subject: As a baby boomer, myself, I take exception to your post. You claim you know history and that others don't. Clearly it is you who truly doesn't know. As one who has lived the history, can actually speak to it. The above was correct in correcting you and you arrogantly talk down to the poster as if that makes you right.
In reply to: ... 's message, "Ah, I didn't say my sibling was a previous generation." on 11:54:47 06/26/17 Mon

You have been called out, as people say, and you don't like it.

As I read your reply to the other poster, y ou did clearly allude to your older sibling as being in another generation from yourself in your previous post.

But, I digress, your pomposity and arrogance blind you to what others are trying to tell you. You are the one who needs to really learn your history.

When I went to college (many years ago) there were no Stafford Loans, no Pell Grants, no government tuition assistance of any sort (I believe FAFSA is what is used today); banking institutions did not hand out loans, either. Colleges were not underwritten by sponsors or huge alumni gifts as nowadays or subsidized by the government, either. If you went to college, you paid for yourself or lucky enough to have family members help. That's the history you are conveniently overlooking. Oh, and my older siblings born pre-war had it even harder. My parents, depression-era? How about those, you also overlooked?

Your view of history is very limited, especially when it comes to the accessibility of higher education pre-1980's . Yes, will agree with the above poster, people made it work - just like so many do today - without asking for handouts from others. Can't understand why people feel it's okay to ask common acquaintances for money like this.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.