VoyForums

Tue, Dec 12 2017, 0:46:27VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:16:00 06/27/17 Tue
Author: -
Subject: I think the bigger message here is how we treat these little starlets/prima donnas as they grow up in the spotlight and their unrealistic expectations of what they deserve when they outgrow ID (more inside)
In reply to: So confused! 's message, "So can someone help me - I received a link to a gofundme page for a previous World Champion dancer to help her travel to law school (she also used promo material from LOTD in her ad)-is that how it works now? Is that what this generations is all about? Let's ask other people to pay our way. Get a loan, go where YOU can afford" on 22:35:57 06/25/17 Sun

I cringe at the idea of this young lady asking for a handout, but clearly, she has concentrated on her studies and worked hard. She was accepted into Georgetown, a top school with a low acceptance rate. ID didn't get her there, her academic merits did. Kudos to her for this accomplishment!

But how many dancer do we all know who put academics on the back burner for ID? These kids miss weeks and weeks of school for majors, and many miss for private lessons. Some kids can thrive on this challenge and are naturally gifted academically, but many cannot recover from missing so much school. Yes, we can all rattle off the names of some top dancers who are well accomplished in adulthood, but the list is small. The message here is that there is no end game for ID, even for top dancers. You may end up in a show for a few years, but at age 26, you're done. Best make plans for the long term that do not include ID. And with those plans, includes saving for it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.