VoyForums

Thu, Oct 19 2017, 22:30:52VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:15:24 06/28/17 Wed
Author: My daughter is 20-22 group
Subject: Not PP, but at first I thought it should be double age group calculations, until I looked at the results. That would mean in 20-22 at IN only 4 competitors wouldn't qualify - 14 of 18 dancers would have qualified. More
In reply to: huh? 's message, "I'm confused with why you think it should be calculated as a single-age group when it's a multi-age group?" on 13:24:00 06/28/17 Wed

At the SN they did use the double age group formula, and 50% of the competition qualified for worlds 12 of 24 dancers. I thought the point of breaking up the seniors was to make the groups smaller at worlds, not bigger.
Yes, it is nice that lots of senior ladies can participate in worlds, but it is hardly a world level competition when 50% or more qualify from a Nationals. I think single age group qualifications work. In the younger age groups only 50% recall, in these age groups everyone recalls and 50% world qualfy. It just doesn't make sense. Worlds is supposed to be the best of the best.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.