VoyForums

Fri, Oct 20 2017, 5:52:45VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:46:23 07/09/17 Sun
Author: It's ok to ask questions!
Subject: Wow. Is it really necessary for the replies to be so unkind? I really hope it's just one very disgruntled individual spewing this venom.
In reply to: disappointed with organizers 's message, "Anyone know where to find comp lists from today (7/8) since the organizers are refusing to post names next to recalls on the website?" on 13:18:56 07/08/17 Sat

This sport is hard! I've been following this board for a while, and I'm astonished at how badly some people behave. It costs nothing to be kind.

Regarding the OP's message....Some of us love Irish Dance, and want to follow along at home, to support our dance families and friends, without actually pestering them for information while they are prepping or attending competitions. In some instances, some may just be fans of a specific dancer or school, and want to see how it's going! That should be ok!! I know my DD's friends numbers, but I danced for a different school and I love to check in and see how the competitors from my old dance school are doing. Not for any nefarious purpose, but because they are fabulous, and I love to see their dancers shine!

The social media coverage has been wonderful for this purpose. I know we've been obsessed with the twitter feeds! All of the efforts have been sincerely appreciated. We were disappointed as well with the change to only numbers for recalls. Without access to a competitor list, the numbers alone mean nothing.

If there is/was a child custody/protection issue, they would likely just omit the one name, rather than change the format for all of the competitions for the whole day. I'm sure it is time consuming to enter all of the information, so they made a change to keep things moving, which makes perfect sense. It's disappointing to those of us at home, but understandable. Once the awards are announced, going back to update the recall list would be a bit redundant.

So OP, I sympathize! I get where the organizers are coming from, running an efficient event, that stays on time, and is organized and enjoyable, should be their primary goal, and it sounds like they have succeeded! Which, is awesome! Good events promote better events to follow, which all ultimately benefits the sport we love! It's harder to follow at home, but I did note a message below regarding a Snapchat page that has been posting pictures of the competitor lists. I had to figure out how to use Snapchat, but, once I succeeded, the information was there!

Thank you to those on this board that provide such constructive information, support, and guidance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.