VoyForums

Fri, Oct 20 2017, 7:31:59VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:13:21 07/13/17 Thu
Author: in addition
Subject: However, you missed the part where it said, "pretty much" which is not a sweeping generalization. The point is the OP made a sweeping generalization and just as you expect others to bow down to your experience as almost representative of the entire event, others say opposite.
In reply to: disappointed 's message, "I don't think we can "sum it all up" so easily. We must recognize that families had varying experiences. Mine was negative (attempted pickpocketing). Just as I understand that some had a great time, you should recognize that others didn't. Sweeping generalizations don't help." on 09:28:56 07/13/17 Thu

We had money stolen in Orlando, not attempted - flat out stolen, but never brought it to the boards or anything, because it had nothing to do with the event, itself.

Was it a negative part, absolutely, but it could have occurred anytime, anyplace. Did it cast such a pall on everything else that we had to come to a board and @#tch about it and make it seem like everything else was just as awful? No, because it happened, individually, to us.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.