VoyForums

Thu, Oct 19 2017, 0:38:59VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:08:31 07/13/17 Thu
Author: reading the voy boards lol
Subject: I was naive once, too, but then I started
In reply to: -- 's message, "Have none of you ever heard of branding? It is what all good businesses do. I sincerely doubt that it influences any judges." on 16:25:20 07/13/17 Thu

The purpose of branding is identification. Everyone recognizes the big name dancers, but it's very difficult for even the most prepped, alert and focused adjudicator to remember the faces and dresses of the other dancers to whose adjudicator teachers they owe favors, in an endless parade of hundreds of dancers. But when all he has to do is see a dancer wearing their "I'm with the Academy" crown, it's much easier to judge accordingly. Even if all judges judged honestly based on performance, it's easy to be influenced by a symbol. Think Apple, or Mercedes, the Nike swoop, or any famous brand logo.

It doesn't even look good on many of them, and it always seems to look crooked. Why not choose something that suits each dancer individually, or let them choose? Because, branding.

Sure, it's "good business" for a school to do this... if they aren't confident enough in the talent of their dancers to try doing without.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.