VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 19:36:36VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:53:54 07/24/17 Mon
Author: rant inside, read and enjoy
Subject: Do the rest of you judge much? I have a very limited vacation time, and it is roughly a total of 7 days. That's it. Period. Have worked for over 30 years, too. I put in for those days, that's it. That IS my vacation. And has been for 10 years. Don't go telling me about things. I more than know and still say, you have enough to work with.
In reply to: Seriously, grow up! 's message, "You must not work full time. People are given a limited # of vacay days & that is it. Saying someone should schedule the entire NANs off when they may only have a few vacay days to last the YEAR is ridiculous on your part. NANs is optional, but it's still a big deal." on 12:28:50 07/24/17 Mon

I love how you automatically think I either don't work or don't work full time. Sorry to burst your bubble. I juggle three jobs at this point, 1 full time and 2 part time. In order to get time off, I, too have to submit - usually at least 10 months in advance for one, and the others? On a seniority basis. I know that the week of July 4th is precious and you can bet I put in for it.

Sometimes I get it, sometimes, I don't and when I don't I work with my schedule, but I don't come here boo-hooing that I HAVE to know things in order to go on a cruise or have vacation time. One of my jobs is with event scheduling and working with groups and all. It is why I can understand why having an initial framework is great to know, a year out, but also why fine-tuning things comes later when better numbers are known.

Maybe you need to put on your own big girl or big boy pants and learn to deal. The rest of have very little time off and when you go off on how you have to know this or that for your personal vacations - which have absolutely nothing to do with the competition, guess what - someone is going to call you on it. Your vacation is your time. Schedule it as you see fit, but don't encroach on the committee to demand they give out a less than adequate schedule just to shut the likes of you up. And if you do get a sub-standard schedule ahead of concrete information just to satisfy the complainers, then you shouldn't complain again when things run over time or are crowded or are just a mess.

I cannot believe the entitlement that goes on with some of you and then when someone calls you on your spoiled and petty behavior, you go off all stomping and attacking the one(s) who (rightfully) call you on it.

Guessing your parents missed teaching you patience and how to work with things, when they don't quite fit into your schedules. No wonder your children are at risk to survive out there in the big, bad world - because you don't know how to deal, either. What a sad sign of the times.

You can bet this was a rant, so tired of the entitlement out there. The dust hasn't even settled on this past NANS, but the complainers are out in force for next year, already.

Ready, Set, Attack -- 'cause we know you are going to do that.
Have a party!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.