VoyForums

Sat, Oct 21 2017, 14:33:36VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:25:28 07/24/17 Mon
Author: See inside
Subject: I analyze data a lot in my occupation. I need to do a lot of forecasting using various historical data. Before this past Nans I looked at the historical count of dancers who danced by age group back to Anaheim. Very interesting!
In reply to: Dm 's message, "Are the younger age groups usually towards end of week for NAIDC? When are the days usually released? Trying to plan ahead. Thanks!" on 16:01:28 07/23/17 Sun

The historical trend based on the location provides some interesting data I found. I will create some graphs and publish this info on Instagram with some simple linear regression used to estimate the count of registrations we should see for 2018 in Orlando. What I found was an increase in competitors each year for the age groups I looked at except for New Orleans and Anaheim.

I would be very surprised if the organizers wouldn't take this historical data into consideration. Generally for forecasting, we would look at the possible entries, the historical data and other factors (location primarily) when determining our estimates.

To build out a base schedule now, the historical data should suffice.

Judging conflicts must impact the counts but sb managed such that they don't swing the counts too much every year.

Ideally the Judges should not be from North America (too many favours being paid out). And yes, examine the data, very easy to see.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.